Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charger 2.1 upgrade – RCT3 or RC2?
  • dirkpitt74

Looking to upgrade my Yari damper from Motion Control to a Charger 2.1.

Is the RC2 worth the extra £60 over the RCT3?

Bearing in mind my Yari is just the standard RC version – LSC & Rebound.

Thanks

timbog160

My only comment is that I’ve upgraded 2 sets of forks now from RCT3 to RC2, so I guess for me its a yes.

chakaping
    Free Member

Yes it’s worth it IMO.

Lummox

When working this out myself I read the rct3 has 3 set positions for compression, the rc2 has 5 (I think) that are around the open position so if you don’t ride with a locked fork that would be a reason to choose the rc2, but in addition there is the high speed settings to play with too.

i went rc2 as I never locked my fork but did want to play around with the two compression settings. I’m pleased with my purchase but miffed there’s a premium.

dirkpitt74

Thanks all.
    Think the RC2 is the way to go then 👍

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Out of interest, has anyone tried the Push HC97 instead of RC2?

dirkpitt74

I looked at the HC97 but as I don’t have a Charger 2/2.1 damper fitted I stopped looking at it.

chiefgrooveguru

RCT3 gives you “open”, “trail” and “almost locked out” low speed compression presets, plus a fine LSC adjust on open mode. RC2 doesn’t have those three presets but gives you 5 clicks of high speed compression adjustment. I prefer RC2!

dirkpitt74

Thanks all – Charger 2.1 RC2 ordered from Bike-Discount in the black Friday sale for £196 – bargain.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charger 2.1 upgrade – RCT3 or RC2?’ is closed to new replies.