Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cats are out to get you
  • bwaarp
    Free Member

http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2012/02/how-your-cat-is-making-you-crazy/8873/

If a cat shits in my garden and exposes me to mind control parasites, do I have a right to terminate it violently?

Won’t someone think of the children?! What happens if a cat takes a shit in a nursery? I think we know what the answer is here, ban them!

coffeeking
    Free Member

That’s really old news lol.

Oh, and it’s available through dozens of other animals like sheep, mice….the list goes on. Even eating infected rare meat can give it to you apparently.

Cougar

I struggle with long sentences. Let me guess, Toxoplasmosis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

The findings of behavioral alteration in rats and mice have led some scientists to speculate that Toxoplasma may have similar effects in humans.

The evidence for behavioral effects on humans is controversial. No prospective research has been done on the topic

studies are suggestive but cannot confirm a causal relationship (because of the possibility, for example, that schizophrenia increases the likelihood of Toxoplasma infection rather than the other way around).

Incidentally, this made me look twice:

Transmission may occur through:

(*) Ingestion of raw or partly cooked meat, especially pork, lamb, kitten, or venison

In summary, you’ll be fine unless you already have a compromised immune system and your idea of a fine dinner is cat crap washed down with a nice glass of freshly squeezed kitten juice.

coffeeking
    Free Member

In summary, you’ll be fine unless you already have a compromised immune system and your idea of a fine dinner is cat crap washed down with a nice glass of freshly squeezed kitten juice.

No apparently it’s actually really quite infectious and there’s some stupid percentage of cat owners who are infected. Probably me too lol. Problem is it’s hard to tell because the effects are so small the only way you know is if you have a raft of psychological tests before and after owning a cat.

Cougar

If wikipedia is to be believed, “From one-third to half of the world’s human population is estimated to carry a Toxoplasma infection.”

…which would explain a lot.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Being a smart ass today Cougar?

When you’ve picked up cat shit, even with latex gloves on, do you make sure you scrub down with good sanitizer for the length of time that you can sing “Happy Birthday” twice and scrub under your nails?

If not, as a cat owner, there’s a chance you will be infected 😉

If wikipedia is to be believed, “From one-third to half of the world’s human population is estimated to carry a Toxoplasma infection.”

…which would explain a lot.

Like what?

Cougar

“today”?

Like what?

The sheer volume of asshattery I encounter on a daily basis, for a start.

bwaarp
    Free Member

Nahh, that’s due to half the countries population having an IQ below 100.

A countries average IQ seems to be quite closely related to its asshatery.

solarpowered
    Free Member

The secret is to educate the owner… Worm your pets regularly with a veterinary wormer!

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I just learned a word.

Thanks all for adding asshattery to my vocabulary.

It needs two T’s though.

Cougar

Far as I can see, it has them. (-:

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Yawns

If only we could all live in a sanitised bubble then the first winter cold would kill us all

scaredypants

mikewsmith – Member
    Yawns

trypanosomiasis 😥

do you have a pet cat ?

dan314
    Free Member

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cats are out to get you’ is closed to new replies.