Home Forums Bike Forum Carron Valley conditions

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Carron Valley conditions
  • pixelmix
    Free Member

Since the FC don't have decent pages for Carron Valley, does anyone have any idea as to current conditions?

Was thinking of doing a few laps tomorrow, but this localised snow is a bit of a pain. No snow at all here in Dundee (and none when I left Edinburgh this morning), but I hear that Perth is blanketed in some wet snow.

Think my plans for a ride at Laggan on Sunday might be shelved too! 😕

Cheers

AlasdairMc
    Free Member

Laggan is a no go – the snow gate is shut from Dalwhinnie according to Traffic Scotland. Unsure about Carron Valley though.

yetidave
    Free Member

All carriageway and footway gritting crews have been out since 5:00am this morning. The majority of the lower lying areas have no snow, however Denny, Bonnybridge, Banknock, Denny Hills and the Braes areas have had significant snow falls. There has been some 18inches of snow in the Carronbridge. area.

Cut from the falkirk Council Website. Maybe give Carron Valley a miss today/tommorow?

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

Here on the other side of the hills (North Glasgow) we've had rain for 188 hours and the Campsies are white.

druidh
    Free Member

pixelmix – Member

Was thinking of doing a few laps tomorrow, but this localised snow is a bit of a pain. No snow at all here in Dundee (and none when I left Edinburgh this morning), but I hear that Perth is blanketed in some wet snow.

Plenty up here in Balerno!

epicsteve
    Free Member

Plenty up here in Balerno!

We're above the snowline though.

bigG
    Free Member

Just six miles from CV here in Denny and we have sh1tloads of new snow. I wouldn't bother heading to CV until it thaws.

From recent experience of heading to CV in the snow it was a 8.8km push and .2km ride (The car park is approx 200m)

G

pixelmix
    Free Member

Cheers bigG and yetidave, maybe not bother getting the bike out for Carron Valley then!

Still raining down here in North Edinburgh but the Pentlands will presumably be pretty white the next time I see them in the daylight, so that is probably out too. Typical. Long weekend with great plans for riding…

clowner
    Free Member

Any idea if it's cleared yet?

From where I am the south side of the hills look to have cleared

Johnboy373
    Free Member

cv will still be pretty bad. Most of trail is in shadow so large parts of snow will remain, that my experience from past visits after a thaw. Everything looks great from Glasgow side of hills but once your there it's not really worth it.

rooty
    Free Member

Anyone been up CV in the last week. I'm going tonight but are the trails clear?

DickBarton

Mates were up on Sunday and all was clear and fast…

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Carron Valley conditions’ is closed to new replies.