Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Car insurance…..would you?
  • drinkmoreport
    Free Member

i'm currently renting in York but might be moving to rent in Bradford, do i tell my car insurance company? its a price hike of like, £260! i'd not be changing any of mu address details, just using the post redirection service.

R

jahwomble
    Free Member

Personally I would, if you don't and you need to claim they won't pay out if they find out and technically you may be uninsured I suspect, and the bastards will worm out of paying anyway they can.. might just be me that thinks that though.

sockpuppet

if it's too much to pay £260 more for insurance that is valid, surely paying anything at all for insurance that's not worth anything is an even worse deal.

why not save more money and not bother having any at all?

or tell them you have a scooter, instead. that would save money. you don't need to change your car, just lie to them about it.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

yeah, good point. thanks

sockpuppet

😉

konabunny
    Free Member

have you tried calling around to get other quotes for your new address? old insurance cos get lazy and charge more because they don't expect you to bother changing company.

FuzzyWuzzy

Just don't 'Go Compare' otherwise that fat singing w**ker will keep infesting my TV

cynic-al
    Free Member

If you have to make a claim they may well investigate, find the change of address and void the policy.

You'd get your premium back I suppose…

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Yeah – it would be difficult explaining how your car was stolen* from outside your house in Bradford when you 'live' in York.

*Which it will, being Bradford.

drinkmoreport
    Free Member

it'll be the outskirts fella so hopefully not! 😉

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

I used to live in Hillsborough (dodgy ish area), Sheffield and have recently moved to Baildon (posh ish area)on the outskirts of Bradford.

In Sheffield I had £15k of sports car parked on the road, in Bradford I now have a Mondeo worth £4k parked in a garage yet my insurance went up £50 when I moved.

Its probably down to the fact that Bradford is the 3rd worst place in the UK for un-insured drivers (at least you will feel part of the club!) and car crime is higher than avg too.

Jujuuk68
    Free Member

To be honest, the BD postcode is a very highly rated one at the moment for fraud. Indeed, PR, BL, BB, HA, UB, LU, and IL. Parts of B and L are catching up. Anywhere that has a large ethnic population tends to be fraud hotspots, and you'll find BD fits in nicely to the profile.

Your vehicle is much more likely to be stolen, meaning more likely to have to make a claim.

And if that happens, we will be asking you (we as in claims investigation department) why our clims inspector is having to visit you at a BD postcode to take a statement, and why the accident happened in BD, when your premiums are rated in York.

And when you get insurance declined, and your insurers try to recover the cost of four personal injury claims, hire car claims, storage and recovery claims, and solicitors costs from you as theres no cover (thats tpyical of claims in BD) thats 20k minimum, possibly 30k if you hit a £500 old Toyota Carina diesel plated vehicle. (All taxi drivers have the phone numbers of dodgy accident management co/s in their mobiles!).

Don't do it.

MoreCashThanDash

Failure to disclose a material fact that would affect the premium gives the insurer the right to void the insurance, leaving you with no cover in the event of a claim.

Premiums are based on the risk you represent to the company – if you swapped your 1.4 Astra for a 500bhp Ferrari would you expect them to just carry on as normal?

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Is BigDummy aware of just how much JuJuuk knows about him?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Car insurance…..would you?’ is closed to new replies.