Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • CAR Audit???????? What is it??
  • skiprat
    Free Member

I have been asked to supply copies of a CAR audit.

What is it?

Help please

Drac

Ask the person who want's the copies?

jacko54321
    Free Member

list of how many and what you got

skiprat
    Free Member

Was going ask but the bloke that wants it is a big auditor who if you dont know the abbreviations, your not worth looking at hence me asking on here!!

Gary_M
    Free Member

Maybe if you give us a bit more of a clue we could help. Did someone send you a letter, is it work related – what industry?

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

Corrective Action Report.

He'll want to see evidence that you respond to non-conformance within the business through a systematic corrective action process.

Gary_M
    Free Member

or this

skiprat
    Free Member

Thank you JacksonPollock.

That sounds like it. Work in the waste industry and had a duty of care audit carried out by a customer via an extrernal auditor. Wants to see loads of things and this was one of them. Had no idea what it was but can no supply him with it!! 🙂

JacksonPollock
    Free Member

No probs!

For extra brownie points tell him how you implement 'Preventative actions' to stop non- conformance from happening again. 🙂

robdob
    Free Member

If you have an Environmental Permit from the EA for a particular site then it should be audited by the EA (I am an Environment Officer and am planning an audit now as it happens). The EA will give you a Compliance Assessment Report for the audit. That could be the CAR audit he speaks of.

Sui
    Free Member

Was going ask but the bloke that wants it is a big auditor who if you dont know the abbreviations, your not worth looking at hence me asking on here!!

i f==king hate people like this – there are more abbreviations than you can shake a stick at these days, and even in the same industies they can mean completely different things.

robdob
    Free Member

I think if it's a Duty of Care audit that they are doing they will want to see the EA audit too, as DOC may possibly be checked during that audit. The EA audit may cover a lot of ground that they are interested in so looking at that may saves lot of work for them.

PTR
    Free Member

He will also be looking for how you verified the effectiveness of any preventive action. You need to show that what you did actually worked.

skiprat
    Free Member

Cheers Rob. Will be sticking in the last EA inspection report. They were only here a couple of weeks ago and it was all good so he can happily have a copy of that!!!

Thanks for all the help.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘CAR Audit???????? What is it??’ is closed to new replies.