Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Can anyone lend me 50 million?
  • MSP

Couple of days ago a sales video for an American ranch just randomly popped in my youtube feed, and I have watched loads of them since. God I wish I was rich, this would be the dream for me, no private jets or Italian sports cars just my own private outdoor playground. Mountain biking, horse riding, trail motorbiking, fly fishing even just hiking, maybe even some xc skiing in winter. Even a standard lottery win isn’t going to buy me one of these beauties.

welshfarmer

A million will buy my Aunties place next door. You could do all that stuff here if you want for a lot less 🙂

Flaperon

Can anyone lend me a million, then?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

I’ve texted Boris for you, but he’s not replied yet. I just don’t understand why not he’s normally quick to respond to requests of cash.

matt_outandabout

Just set up a face mask business from one of the barns. You’d get a £20m government contract tomorrow.

MSP

A million will buy my Aunties place next door.

A field on a bleak welsh hillside post brexit. Remember when you could take a clapped out old car to the scrap dealers and get some money for it, but now you have to pay for them to take it off you, well…..

big_n_daft
    Free Member

A field on a bleak welsh hillside post brexit. Remember when you could take a clapped out old car to the scrap dealers and get some money for it, but now you have to pay for them to take it off you, well…..

It’s value is as an inheritance tax dodge. That and any payments you get for not farming it

bsims
    Free Member

Just set up a face mask business from one of the barns. You’d get a £20m government contract tomorrow.

I thought you needed to know someone in the cabinet for that. They don’t just hand out free cash to the proles, there would be too many snouts in the trough.

sharkattack

Couple of days ago a sales video for an American ranch just randomly popped in my youtube feed, and I have watched loads of them since

I spent almost 2 full days at work last week looking at the USA equivalents of Rightmove. I decided I’d need more than one house so something overlooking the coast in So-Cal for the weather and the social activities and something in the wilds of Oregon miles from anywhere. Then I’d spend my years driving between them on the PCH in a rusty pickup.

You could do all that stuff here if you want for a lot less 🙂

Yeah in the rain under the perma-gray forcefield we have for a sky. Plus the constant noise complaints about my private MX track. I’d never lay eyes on the UK again if I had the option.

cakeandcheese

165 acres of NSW

May I suggest sir looks a little further afield?

165 acres, multiple garages and workshops, your own olive grove and two houses. Currently circa £550k.

Or, if you can make do with just two acres, but want two amazing houses, jack moir’s training spot within a few minutes, surf spots a short drive away and around an hour from Sydney, about £1m would bag you this:

Ourimbah place

dudeofdoom

Ooh that Ourimbahplace is well nice.

Meh dream it or do it 🙂

Spain close to U.K. lots of land/houses at seriously low prices compared to U.K.

I think you could rustle up the dream here without the millionaires pocket tbh.

sharkattack

Spain close to U.K. lots of land/houses at seriously low prices compared to U.K.

I think you could rustle up the dream here without the millionaires pocket tbh.

That’s on my mind every day. Especially around the end of February when it’s been winter for 5 months.

No idea how I’d earn a living out there though.

molgrips
    Free Member

I’d never lay eyes on the UK again if I had the option.

If you ever make it to the US you’re in for a rude awakening.

sharkattack

If you ever make it to the US you’re in for a rude awakening

I’ve seen quite a bit of the USA. Most of the sexy bits between Vancouver and Tijuana anyway. Plus a detour into Nevada where a snapped driveshaft and ensuing fire almost ended our lives.

I know enough to know I’ll never live there. It’s a hell of a place to be if you’re well off. For the working stiffs like me it’s just like any other third world country.

spekkie
    Free Member

The shape of that Diamond Tail ranch is crazy!

grum
    Free Member

Can’t help feeling like that land was stolen from its original inhabitants relatively recently, via genocide.

TheDTs
    Free Member

Indeed Grum, get the feeling it should be in someone else’s hands not a US gazillionair

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Can anyone lend me 50 million?’ is closed to new replies.

Members Notice New deal added to Members Discounts