• This topic has 115 replies, 42 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by mefty.
Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)
  • CallMeDave Queen gaffe: Nigeria and Afghanistan are 'fantastiacally corrupt'
  • jambalaya
    Free Member

Absolutely chucking it down, always pleases me as the wife can’t complain so much about the British weather. Snowing above 1800m in the Alps

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No sun?? Odd shadow you have there!! 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Junkyard
    Free Member

Is this you ignoring me again then THM 😉 whilst claiming I am shadowing someone …oh the irony

Its just the usual suspects on the usual political threads doing the usual.

I don’t stalk him like you did with “sweaty to duckman or reading with A- A as I am not that tragic.
    Its just coincidence but you read into it what you like as you continue to successfully ignore me 😛

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Jambas, still need a de-brief on the DDuck BTW – hope it worked! Ive never stayed there and didn’t even make it there for food this time

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

DD hinted at it

I didn’t. Might have been a bit nuanced for you though, so sorry, I’ll try to be less so in future, just for you.

😉

Etc.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Appreciate the understanding DD, you’re a rare gem.

it’s a bit stupid to be talking so loosely – does nothing to get the leaders of those countries on one’s side, alienates them further and allows them to go back to their people saying that the white man still thinks they’re just a bunch of piccaninnies who can’t be trusted to manage their own affairs

Got completely the wrong end of the stick on that one – its been a while since I heard picaninnies used as a phrase. Thought that went out with Cap’n Jones and his fuzzy wuzzies. Still every day is a learning day.

Pickaninny (also picaninny or piccaninny or pickinniny) is a term in English which refers to a racist and derogatory caricature of dark-skinned children of African descent. It is a pidgin word form, which may be derived from the Portuguese pequenino (a diminutive version of the word pequeno, “little”).

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You don’t remember your mate Boris using it then?

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

My mate?

But no, but I did recall your usage. Page 2 I think. Correct me if I am wrong

I didn’t

Actually no need, done that already. My mistake….

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, your mate, as in a Tory…oh bloody hell, sorry, you said before you’re politically neutral. Silly me.

It was a big news item at the time…you sure you don’t remember? “Watermelon Smiles” was being bandied about at the same time. I’m surprised you don’t recall, but will have to take your word for it that you don’t. I think if you did, you’d realise the thrust of what I was saying originally.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

As you say DD a bit too nuanced for me.

You clearly forget my criticism of Bojo’s stupid “Obama” comments. Seems we are all struggling with our memories at the moment, eh?

teamhurtmore – Member

Lots of bollocks here

Starting (apparantly) with Boris’s BS, closely followed by Farage – both in the same mould

Bloody nuance again…..its so hard to tell what folk are saying these days. Anyone would think that was critical of Bojo…..

Got me there Doc – bloody hell, cant remember Bojo’s BS from 2002. Nurse, fetch the zimmer…..

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

The piccanninies comment was more recent – during the first mayoral election he stood in AFAIR.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You clearly forget my criticism of Bojo’s stupid “Obama” comments.

Well if you are claiming that Boris Johnson isn’t quite the mate he once was then you’re not the only Tory to say that :

David Cameron says friendship with Boris Johnson damaged by Brexit

Lots of Tories, it would appear, are being rather beastly to each other.

Mind you, you still affectionately refer to him in that quaint public school matey manner as Bojo, which is nice.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Your knowledge of nasty Tories and what they say far surpasses mine DD. I’m impressed. Bojo obviously made more of an impression on you than he did on me.

Are you looking forward to him as PM?

Evening Ernie – almost a full house – sorry not an OE I’m afraid. Took the nickname from the media. Sad I know….Can we have some more of your photo collection – the poster girl, Hammy and Bojo. What a rogue’s gallery that would be. 😀

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Evening Ernie

How you doing geezer? I see you’ve been busy defending the Tories all day again, you politically neutral thing you 🙂

ninfan
    Free Member

Nigeria eh? I’m surprised we are still allowed to call it that…

Still, does anyone really think that these ‘unfortunate’ ‘off the cuff’ remarks were really released by authorised press pool members without clearance at the highest level?

Realpolitik innit.

Lifer
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Why?

bencooper
    Free Member

What Cameron thinks he’s like:
    [video]http://youtu.be/sKheB0nuUII[/video]

What Cameron’s really like:
    [video]http://youtu.be/pdE83FX-Mto[/video]

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

In that case you are probably mispronouncing it.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Why the fuss. They are corrupt. To fanny about pretending otherwise is why polititans are despised.
    The foreign visitors the Queen was on about are also down right rude so bloody well tell them.

mefty
    Free Member

The piccanninies comment was more recent – during the first mayoral election he stood in AFAIR.

Not so, he made it in 2002 – six years before he ran for mayor, he apologised for it in his first campaign – guardian article

slowoldman

Quite right. I couldn’t find anything out of place in either Dave’s or Queen’s comments. Except perhaps the microphone.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Mefty 😀

Precise facts have been noticeably missing here….

Junkyard
    Free Member

so you blame the recording device for their comments 😯

The queen is meant to be neutral – she failed quite spectacularlyy and much as I dislike the institution its hard to think of another example

Dave referred to “unforced errors” today

YOu are free to support them, right or wrong, and neither offence was that heinous but nothing wrong is a little too loyal and dismissive of the facts.

slowoldman

OK.
    1. Nigeria and Afghanistan ARE two of the most corrupt countries on the planet.
    2. It wasn’t actually the Queen you initiated the comments regarding rudeness of the Chinese officials, and it sounds as though they were.
    3. Why are conversations like this recorded and broadcast anyway? It just invites negative responses to comments which taken in context were quite justified.

Oh and I say this as neither a staunch Royalist or a Tory supporter. I just think the truth should be supported.

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

You are quite right mefty, as your link shows Boris Johnson apologised for referring to black people as “piccaninnies” six years later.

Of course the cynics will be quick point out that “six years later” happened to coincide with Johnson’s London mayoral campaign. But I think it’s just a simple coincidence.

So yes it was quite a big news story when Johnson first stood in the mayoral election – six years later, as your 2008 link shows. But THM doesn’t seem to remember it.

Btw we know that Johnson has apologised for referring to black people as piccaninnies, and he has apologised to the people of Liverpool for insulting them in another carefully written article, but has he ever apologised to gay men for calling them “tank-topped bumboys” ? I can’t remember.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I can’t remember

Dont worry, it’s not relevant to the actual story. Odd that it was used in the first place….

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Dont worry

I’m trying not to but as mefty brought up Johnson’s apology in his first mayoral election it got me thinking what else Johnson has and hasn’t apologised for.

Obviously there’s no point asking you as your memory appears to be worse than mine.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Aye, sorry mefty is correct, the comments were from a good few years previously – it’s a good job your (2nd PP) mate Boris hasn’t said anything nearly as racist since. I accept any responsibility for any right wing erections caused by my mistake and hope they have been suitably masturbated away by now. 🙂

mefty
    Free Member

I hadn’t heard that one – probably added to the quality of Matthew Parris’s invective against him.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Obviously there’s no point asking you as your memory appears to be worse than mine.

Very true, can anyone match you encyclopaedic knowledge of anything Tory? Quotes, photos, stats…it’s incredible. Anyone would think…..

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

FFS can we have a bit of decorum DD? I find your constant references to right-wingers furiously engaging in self abuse somewhat unsettling.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Pot calling kettle black IMO.

What is perhaps pertinent here is that the filming was done by the Palaces’ own tv crew and production team, who knowingly released this clip to the world media.

Perhaps the royal household have also had enough and putting in place the first steps of their own coup?

And if that doesn’t make you think… Then Eurovision will…

LOL.

Very few of you appear to have ever spent any time in a third world country. There’s a reason why countries with more resources than us (The Philippines has gold, oil, swathes of fertile land, massive amounts of labour capital with a population of 120 odd million). Yet, are unbelievably shit poor despite 100 years of independence (discounting ww2).

And the reason for that, is that they are fantastically, no almost miraculously corrupt. You are arrested for a crime? Pay your way out. Kill 50 political opponents, rape their daughters and wives and then shoot them in the genitals and also kill journalists and passing witnesses in an ambush? It will quite literally take 1000 years to process and bring to trial all of the accused. Want a driving license but can’t be arsed to take the exam? Bribe an official for one? Want to make a little extra cash on the side? Dump a load of ammo in a tourists bag in an airport and then blackmail them. Want to make people vote for you? Hand out leaflets with cash notes attached. Want to say you’ve reduced crime? Hire death squads and kill off street children who steal to survive – kill their moms if they complain too much.

Want to get unmitigated political power? Play to the peoples obsession with celebrity, make controversial statements and play the hard man. To people who pride themselves on being staunchly Catholic, oppose abortion and family planning but will vote for a mass murderer. Don’t tell these people that they have to change, take that responsibility away from them. Once in power, loot the country, declare martial law and tear up the constitution exactly like Marcos did (because the Senate and Congress are too retarded to redact the martial law legislation).

**** glad I live in the UK.

Tom_W1987
    Free Member

Not so, he made it in 2002 – six years before he ran for mayor, he apologised for it in his first campaign – guardian article

To be fair, I get the feeling that he was trying, although somewhat clumsily, to use those terms in that article to highlight Tony Blair as some sort of narcissistic, paternalistic, colonialist, do-gooder.

Which would be spot on.

mefty
    Free Member

Nah, I think he was riffing off “Scoop” by Evelyn Waugh.

Viewing 36 posts - 81 through 116 (of 116 total)

The topic ‘CallMeDave Queen gaffe: Nigeria and Afghanistan are 'fantastiacally corrupt'’ is closed to new replies.