Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • buymobilephones.net – anyone else used them?
  • stumpy01

Currently looking to get a new phone deal.

Need to ring T-Mobiles retention team this week as the upgrades offered by the ‘normal’ team were rubbish. Even when I pointed out that 3 are currently doing a much better deal for less money, they were unable to even match it.

I have just seen the 3 deal on buymobilephones.net for even less money than you can get it through 3.
    Reviews seem mixed with complaints mainly about cashback deals and free gifts; neither of which the deal I am looking at has, so shouldn’t be an issue.

If I decide to go with them, I will be calling their customer services a couple of times, just to see how long it takes to get through.
    But, just wondered if anyone has any recent experience with a phone through them…..online reviews either seem to be 5 star or 1 star!

retro83
    Free Member

I’ve used them. Phone and everything was okay – certainly cheap, but they gave me some bad advice which meant I ended up losing my number. Not the end of the world, just inconvenient. I wouldn’t like to rely on them for customer service.

dannybgoode

I swear by mobiles.co.uk. Part of Carphone Whorehouse and bought several phones from them.

Great deals and never had any hassle with getting the cashback from them etc so long as the bills were submitted on time (can all be done online).

Cheers

Danny B

Lifer
    Free Member

I’m with O2 through buymobilephones.co.uk, cheap deal, new phone and PS3. No problems so far (6 months) and delivery for phone and PS3 was next day.

The cash back complaint is idiots who thought they’d be getting £50 in the post when they signed their contract rather than the money being taken off their monthly payments.

stumpy01

Cheers.
    Yeah. I figured that customer service might not be their strong point.

dannybgoode – I looked on mobiles.co.uk and they didn’t seem to have anything quite as good. Will look again though. They do seem to have the most professional looking website.

lifer – will look at your suggestion too, thanks.

dooosuk
    Free Member

I’ve just ending 18mths with buymobilephones.net

Received all my redemption cashback on time with no hassle.

I’d use them again, but haven’t found anything that cheap on there this time (my last contract worked out about £6/mth after redemption for 600mins, 1000texts and unlimited data)

dialaphone.co.uk may also be worth a look as I’ve used them in the past.

stumpy01

dooosuk – currently considering this deal:

http://www.buymobilephones.net/mobile-phones/sony/sony-xperia-t/three/18-ultimate-internet-300-24mths/14563044

The same deal through Three is an extra £5/month so not sure whether to save £5/month and use buymobilephones. Or have the ‘safety’ of going through Three.

All this might be unnecessary if T-Mobile are willing to get close to that deal when I tell them I want to leave…..

dooosuk
    Free Member

If you go with buymobilephones.net you can also get £35 cashback from TopCashback:
    http://www.topcashback.co.uk/ref/apdawson/buy_mobile_phones?source=tellafriend

I got mine paid out last year without issue.

knightrider
    Free Member

used them had no problems, didn’t do any cashback or anything else just the best phone on the tariff I wanted and network that works in my house

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’ve had several deals through them, all cashback claims.
    Have to stay on top of it as they ask for seemingly random bills to be sent back, but they always pay up.

When my wife’s latest phone was faulty, they were very quick at getting replaced too.

stumpy01

Hmmm. Looking like they might not be too bad, then. Thanks people!!

I still need to ring T-Mobile & see what they offer. And I also should ring some of the online places that offer ‘upgrade’ choices too.

Thanks for the help.

stumpy01

Just to update if anyone is looking to upgrade….

After ringing T-Mobile on Saturday & getting nowhere with them I requested my PAC code & ordered a Sony Xperia T from the above online shop.
    The phone was free & for £18/month I get 300mins/5000txts & unlimited data on Three. Three are doing the same deal, but with 500mins for £23/month if you go direct with them.

My phone was despatched on the same day and arrived at my work address mid-morning on Monday.
    I didn’t expect it to get processed until Monday so this was a pleasant suprise.
    There is a ‘proof of work address’ warning as you go through checkout, but I didn’t send anything (as it was the weekend) and the order was still sent to my work address.

Three have texted me (after filling in a ‘transfer your number’ form online) & apparently my number will be transferred by the end of today (Wednesday). Quite impressed with the whole process, to be honest. The number transfer would have been quicker but I didn’t fill in the form until yesterday.

hmanchester
    Free Member

My latest phone and was through buymobilephones and everything went through perfectly.

I’ve also used mobiles.co.uk several times with excellent service each time. As mentioned before they are the no frills online version of Carphonewarehouse.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘buymobilephones.net – anyone else used them?’ is closed to new replies.