Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Buying a car tomorrow. Insurance co. closed since 2pm today..
  • aracer
    Free Member

Here’s some more shite for you, hammy – check out page 10 and tell me where it says the other car needs to be separately insured:

http://www.lv.com/assets/gi/pdfs/car/policy-document/42-2015-lv-car-doi-f.pdf

konabunny
    Free Member

Though there is still a grey area.

I do not believe that it’s a grey area, just that you don’t know the answer.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

[/quote]The tax is irrelevant to get the car home.
    Insurance, however, isn’t.

This is actually wrong information. You cannot drive a vehicle on the public highway without VED. You need to pay for this before driving the vehicle away. The previous owner will surrender his VED on point of sale , so therefore , you being the new owner must online VED the vehicle.

njee20
    Free Member

The tax is irrelevant to get the car home.
    Insurance, however, isn’t.

and yet the quote you’ve added shows VED to be required? 😕

skids
    Free Member

It’s illegal to drive an uninsured vehicle, doesn’t matter if you are covered by your third party you will still get done for it

njee20
    Free Member

I don’t think anyone’s disputing that, but it seems that you may not be uninsured with certain policies using the “driving other cars” clause.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

njee, computer cock up , I was trying to quote the first bit and reply with the second . Poxy laptop and probably user 😆

njee20
    Free Member

Aaah, missed that!

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Buying a car tomorrow. Insurance co. closed since 2pm today..’ is closed to new replies.