Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Budget TVs 43ish LG or Samsung or..
  • MadBillMcMad

After a budgetish 43 TV.

About £350  ish

For some reason I believe the LG would be better picture.

But we have a Samsung soundbar so going Samsung would mean one less remote.

At this sort of price would one be much better over the other?

Your views appreciated please.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’ve just bought this

Richer Sounds have told me LG make the screens for a lot of other brands anyway. It’s got the latest version of WebOS which is also LGs so it will play NowTV native. I’m sure there are better, fancier ones, but it’s got great reviews.

https://www.johnlewis.com/lg-43uk6400plf-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-with-freeview-play-freesat-hd-crescent-stand-ultra-hd-certified-metallic/p3531458

redmist
    Free Member

I had to return two 43 inch Samsungs due to issues with the picture (horrible uneven light bleed in all corners). Swapped to a similar price LG and have no complaints. A friend had the same with a 55 Samsung he swapped for a Sony. Can’t comment on your specific question or budget though.

MadBillMcMad

Right, I’ll make life easier and stick to LG.

Thx

stumpy01

The only thing i don’t like about our LG telly is that the Freeview guide takes an absolute age to load up and it does it every time, rather than have it saved in RAM and just available instantly.

OK, so it’s not an absolute age; it’s probably only around 3-4 seconds max but the guide in our old Humax box is instant, so it’s frustrating that this TV which is probably 8 or so years newer than the Humax box is a backwards step.

trailwagger
    Free Member

I don’t think you will see much difference in picture quality or sound, so I would base it on which has the best interface and native apps. Cant speak for Samsung, but LG with a magic remote is the nicest I have used, typing is fast and easy and the app menu is slick.

Milkie
    Free Member

I have a Samsung, if you have a PS4, do not buy a Samsung.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Samsung seem to be having a lot of issues with panel QC, seens lots of messages of people buying the top of the range Q9FN and returning it.

As ever look for a set where you can find someone that has calibrated it and published the settings online, all these sets look gash out of the box but are very different when set up correctly.

johndoh
    Free Member

Why?

dooosuk
    Free Member

https://www.johnlewis.com/toshiba-43u6863db-led-hdr-4k-ultra-hd-smart-tv-43-inch-with-freeview-hd-freeview-play-black/p3585730

Nope…it’ll be full of cheap Vestel parts that will fail.

From my recent research LG, Samsung, Sony and some of the more expensive Panasonic’s are the few brands that don’t use Vestel components.

Milkie
    Free Member

Why?

Compatibility issues between PS4 Pro and Samsung TV’s. Mine has a blackout every time, usually lasts a couple of seconds, but it does seem to be getting worse, lasted 10 seconds yesterday.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ps4+samsung+issue&rlz=1C1GCEU_enGB820GB820&oq=ps4+samsung+issue&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.2711j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Frankenstein
    Free Member

LG 43 UK series from John Lewis £330 or chevknouy Black Friday?

Drac

Compatibility issues between PS4 Pro and Samsung TV’s. Mine has a blackout every time, usually lasts a couple of seconds, but it does seem to be getting worse, lasted 10 seconds yesterday.

2 PS4 here plugged into 2 Samsung TVs work perfectly ironically both also rated highly for using with PS4.

Some do have the bug it’s not all.

For that matter some LG TVs have the same issue there’s solutions for fixing both.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I picked up mine last night, it’s one of the £330 LGs that seem to be everywhere (see link above).

It’s got a great picture, more then decent sound, the interface is excellent with a bit of work.

Downsides, the case is plain shiney black plastic and it’s a ‘cheap build’ it weighs about half as much as the 34″ 1080 LG is replaced (but cost half as much) and it was a bit of a faf to put together. I tried to mount the base to it and the holes didn’t line up! I usually build monitors face down on a soft surface (I work in IT and can build dozens a day on a bad day) it was only when I stood it up the body flexed and they fitted, but as a motionless bit of plastic to gawp at when I’m bored of my phone it’ll do, and there’s a 5 year guarantee if it doesn’t.

I suppose none of this is a surprise to anyone, but this is only the 3rd TV I’ve ever bought myself. My first was a 32″ 720p in 2006 that cost £900 somehow, then the 36″ 1080p non-smart TV that cost £600 in 2013 and now the 43″ 4K Smart TV for £330. I assume my next one will be a 5K 144Mhz job for about £4.50 in 2023.

frogstomp

Bought a 43″ Samsung NU7400 last month and have been very happy with it.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Budget TVs 43ish LG or Samsung or..’ is closed to new replies.