Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Box Hill Cafe Open?
  • belgianwaffle1

Is the box hill cafe open and does it only accept card?

Thanks

jimdubleyou

No, it’s not open.

There was a queue for toilets though…

aP
    Free Member

Yup. Not open earlier. The pub in West Humble was doing take outs though 🍻

swdan
    Free Member

Depending on your route, Coffee Active in Ashstead are open for takeaways with a one way system in place. Not been in a couple of weeks but when I went it was fairly quiet and the system worked well

belgianwaffle1
    akira

Plus if you go to Ashtead you can do Farm Lane or little Switzerland.

belgianwaffle1

@akira do you have a gpx for that?

swdan
    Free Member

I’ve end up doing that ‘Life on Mars’ gravel route I recommended on your other thread Coffee Active is a nice stopping off point before heading into Ashtead Common

akira

Ah no I kind of make it up as I go. Farm lane is the lane that goes up from Ashtead and joins into box hill road, little Switzerland goes off half way and ends up at the bottom of boxhill.

belgianwaffle1

@swdan Yes I did that route aswell and thought it was good. Maybe too much road at the start but interesting at the end. Managed to mess up the mapping and miss the actual trail the whole ride is based around – hence why I am going back for round 2.

belgianwaffle1

@akira thanks I’ll have a look.

aP
    Free Member

We did a socially distanced ride out from Kingston this morning – just under 80km. Not too much road. Came back down close to NewBikeBeanz but I have no idea about any of those names. Going out tomorrow as well (day off). Will probably be out next weekend as well if interested in potentially some slightly different routes/ company?

akira

Ah farm road had a chunk you need to do on the road, lots of bridleways and little bits here and there. Little Switzerland has some quite interesting bits but once again some road, it’s probably more accessible from box hill end.

swdan
    Free Member

@belgianwaffle1, my Garmin always goes haywire in the woods past Ashtead, took me three attempts to find the ride track for Life on Mars! Once at the top you’re not far from Headley which has bridleway tracks linking it to Box Hill. Will happily meet up and do a ride with others when available. Living near Worcester Park I’ve only been jumping on the routes from there

Tiger6791

The rather splendid van at the top of Combe Hill was open and taking cards.

Better hill than Box, better coffee 👍

As was the cafe at the top of Newlands… 👍

tonyg2003

From Coffee Active go round the corner to Greys Lane and catch the bridleway at the end to the top of Staine Street and that will take you all the way the Little Switzerland

swdan
    Free Member

Do you mean Crampshaw Lane? If so that’s the one featured in the Pearson’s Life in Mars ride I mentioned and is a good shout

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Box Hill Cafe Open?’ is closed to new replies.