Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)
  • Bluesky
  • Sandwich

I’ve got 5 or 6 available, DM please so that I don’t send codes when someone else has all ready fulfilled the need.

jonnyboi

I have a few codes available. PM if interested 

Cougar

Same.

Honestly, I think at this point it’s probably dead. It felt like a beta product when I signed up and little has changed that I can see.

stevious

I hope you’re wrong cougar, as I’ve been really enjoying bluesky and spending less and less time on Twitter as a result. Partly it’s a bit quieter on there but also having set up my feed from scratch has allowed me to be a bit more thoughtful about what I want from social media.

ratherbeintobago

My suspicion is that it’s just a symptom of post-Twitter fragmentation. I’ve gone to Bluesky, others to eg. Substack, others have given up. It’ll take a bit of time for the new normal to settle out.

twistedpencil

Being a Neil Gaiman and Robin Ince fan, Bluesky has been great 😀

I’m not sure Neil sleeps…

Threads is okay, but I prefer Bluesky at the moment…

kormoran
    Free Member

Switched to blue sky to follow a couple of politicos and have barely looked at twitter in about a month. When I did it was the usual broadside of onlyfans tarts following me and endless shit posting. Blue sky has been relatively amusing although you realise it’s a bubble of pleasant like minded people laughing at the government. Other bubbles are presumably available 

CountZero

Honestly, I think at this point it’s probably dead. It felt like a beta product when I signed up and little has changed that I can see.

They’re about to introduce the ability to view without logging in, which Twi, sorry X, removed, and there’s some more changes upcoming, from what I understand; meanwhile Musk’s ongoing destruction of Twitt… sorry, X continues apace, most major advertisers are shutting down spending, others will almost certainly follow suit, not wanting to be seen to be the ones left sitting next to anti-Semitic rhetoric and the comments from the fascist Right.

I don’t go onto Bluesky much, but then I’m never on any other social media platform much either, Facebook possibly most; after four or five years away, I’m reconnecting with some friends and family, plus now I’m a member of an archery club, I need to use Fb and Messenger for updates regarding shooting days.

ratherbeintobago

@twistedpencil Is Gaiman on there? I’ll go and follow…

ratherbeintobago

…. and I’ve another code if anyone wants.

redthunder
    Free Member

I have a spare code if anyone wants it.

Sandwich

Is Gaiman on there? I’ll go and follow…

He’s never off there, or so it seems. He’s a good follow.

ratherbeintobago

Aye, certainly looks that way.

CountZero

I’ve got a spare code, it popped into my mail inbox yesterday. TBH, I don’t use Bluesky often, but neither do I use many other platforms, Fb occasionally to contact friends and family, or maybe an artist, Twi… sorry X, to troll the occasional asshole who I feel deserves it, and that’s about it.

redthunder
    Free Member

@countzero

Target or Field …. What club are you at… Druids?

tjmoore

Just had a quick look. I’m struggling to find relevant content or people I know to follow. Search for mtb stuff and there’s not much, especially UK related.

Plenty on Threads though. Mostly everyone I already follow on Insta.

Threads is getting infected with the trash from Xhitter though. It’s okay if I stick to the Following feed, but gets nasty on the For You feed. I’m blocking or muting a lot already.

Once Larry the Cat is on Threads and/or Bluesky then I know it’s taken off 😄

Twitter is gone. Account deleted. Too toxic. I could do without them all really, though Insta has nice bike pics and vids (and cats).

ratherbeintobago

Someone has posted this – apparently helps you find your Twitter people on Bluesky.

Haven’t tested it and I’m a bit wary of anything that needs you to submit username and password but if anyone is feeling braver than me…

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/sky-follower-bridge/behhbpbpmailcnfbjagknjngnfdojpko

nickc

Twitter is gone. Account deleted. Too toxic.

Yeah, same here, dumped it a while back. Threads seems to be going the same way if I’m honest. 

ThePinkster

I’d completely forgotten about Bluesky but I’ve just received my invite code and have now created an account.
    I don’t post on social media much (other than on this hallowed turf) but having got hugely disappointed with Twitter recently and not liking Threads (really don’t like having to have an account for 1 app just so I can access another)  so thought I’d give it a go.
    Seems mostly harmless so far. Any recommendations for a lurker and occasional reporter to follow?  As mentioned above, I’ve already tracked down Robin Ince & Neil Gaiman but any other suggestions will be welcome, cheers.

Should anyone be looking for me I’m @simc66.bsky.social

MrSparkle

Are you sure? Not finding you.

ThePinkster

Well, that’s what it says here –

Screenshot_20231208-162140

ratherbeintobago

War on Cars always worth a follow.

ratherbeintobago

@ThePinkster @MrSparkle I have a suspicion the database takes time to populate so people don’t show up on search straightaway.

I know there are more codes washing about than we know what to do with but I’ve another one if anyone wants it.

ThePinkster

Cheers @ratherbeintobago, I’ll check that one out.

tjmoore

It’s making more sense now the more I follow but seems have to do more work to get the right topics coming up. Found plenty of nerdy stuff but very little mtb.

There’s also “feeds” for topics of interest but involves coding to set one up. Again not much mtb there, not UK specific especially. Could get a singletrack feed going maybe?

A lot less “QT blah blah”, “post gif from year you were born”, and all that info harvesting stuff Threads is full of at the moment.

ratherbeintobago

Could get a singletrack feed going maybe?

Not sure how to do that but if you want to give it a go?

tjmoore

Not sure either. Their link about it takes you to their feed generator which means coding and hosting. I could do the code side but it’s time/effort and hosting costs money plus having to support it.

https://github.com/bluesky-social/feed-generator

There’s a couple of services that appear to let you create feeds without coding (and they host it?), but they seem to require your username and password to Bluesky and I’m not about to give away my credentials. At the very least they should be using identity providers and you authorise their app so credentials are never handed over.

ratherbeintobago

Bump. More codes landed today (though at this point I can’t give them away…)

ratherbeintobago

Could get a singletrack feed going maybe?

Looks like there’s a ‘lists’ feature – could someone agree to curate a list of STWers or would people rather not?

Also with update 1.6 people can see posts without being logged in.

ratherbeintobago

And, I’ve just found out how to set a domain name as a handle (not looking at e.g. @mark on this one) – instructions here https://blueskyweb.xyz/blog/4-28-2023-domain-handle-tutorial

CountZero

@redthunder – sorry, not ignoring you, I’d rather forgotten this thread and only just come back to check it out. I’m in Chippenham, so Cyppa, the old Saxon name for Chippenham. We’ve shut down now until mid January, then we’re back indoors until March, our outdoor club site becomes a quagmire with all the rain we’ve been getting. 

I must get back onto Bluesky and check out Neilhimself on there, and see if William Gibson is as well.

spooky_b329

Could someone message me a code, thanks 🙂

Never really done twitter…but FOMO 😉

stevious

Have DM’d you

ratherbeintobago

@spooky_b329 I’ve DM’d you

spooky_b329

Thanks guys, I’ll use a code and return the other!

redthunder
    Free Member

Anyone want a code ?

spooky_b329

Haha, can’t work out how to get past the housing provider (BT Internet). Tried various urls, unless it wants a specific format like when setting up your email server?

I tried ‘staging’ but neither of the invite codes were valid so I guess that’s due to using the wrong server…

ratherbeintobago

To get started you just need to go to https://bsky.app, create a new account and use the default hosting (the instructions I put in above are for people who have their own domain, so ignore for now). Once you’ve clicked past there it’ll ask for your invite code.

spooky_b329

Thanks, for some reason I thought I needed to change it!

ratherbeintobago

👍

I’ve followed you.

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 127 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.