Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Blowing off
  • onewheelgood

I bought some Ritchey Megabite 38mm tyres for my gravel bike, as they had a bit more tread than the Panaracer Gravelking SKs it came with and that was useful in the slop we had a few weeks ago. I mounted them tubeless on Hunt 35 Carbon Gravel Wide rims. Yesterday the front tyre blew off the rim while I was waiting at a traffic light, startling a few pedestrian – and me. I was able to re-fit it and ride home slowly, but I’m not really going to trust that wheel/tyre combination again.

My question really is whether anyone has had a similar problem with either these tyres or these rims, or did I just get unlucky with tolerances?

trail_rat
    Free Member

what pressure were you running them at.

onewheelgood

About 50 psi. Don’t have an accurate gauge, just the track pump. The rims say up to 60psi for 38mm tyres, the tyres say 60psi.

Daffy

50psi in the cold, in the shade, may not be 50psi on the tarmac in the sun.

I once left my fatbike in the car with tyres inflated to 14psi and they were well over 25psi when I took it out of the car 6 hours later.

euain

I’d check your gauge… if even if you filled them at 0C, you’re looking at a temperature of over 200C in your car boot to get that change in pressure…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Blowing off’ is closed to new replies.