Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)
  • BLOODY COOKIES
  • hofnar
    Free Member

I have now been asked more then ten times in twenty minutes to accept.
    Even accept all does makes this SH!T go away

No add blockers or fancy stuff running, way to old for that fancy stuff.

Why seems singletracks programmers getting this stuff wrong all the time

Klunk
    Free Member

STW’s new coder

though it’s probably the eu’s fault

masterdabber
    Free Member

Yup….. currently unusable

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Aaarrgh this is worse than usual!

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Yup.
    Every. Damn. Page.

stumpyjon

Can I be the first to say what you on about? £2 a month…….

MoreCashThanDash

I’m not having any problems…..

TheBrick
    Free Member

Every page I get asked. Every page. The quality control is pretty poor.

dissonance

I had it pop up once which was a tad odd which did make me check if I was logged in still (which I was) but it was only once for now.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

Intrusive and unuseable!
    Quite a nice green though…

Rubber_Buccaneer

The past few weeks have been bad for ads etc.  I’ve not been kicked out much but get ads, accept this, accept that, full screen ads that have to be closed despite being paid up and logged in

Can I be the first to say what you on about? £2 a month…….

Yup for only £2 a month you can have a less crap experience.  Not great but not as bad, what a pitch 😀

simondbarnes

I’m not having any problems…..

Me neither

bobodaclown

I thought it was just me!
    Stupid cookies

chevychase

It’s been a problem for years tbh. “Remember my logon on this computer”.

It does. For about a week. Or until you change pages.

Saccades
    Free Member

I’m sure it’s my fault for not paying a subscription :rolleyes: but autoplay videos for the last two weeks and now massive interpage adds and relentless cookies questions and a third of the screen lost to another advert is a pisstake.

It’s not been great since the rhubarb and custard screen went but I’m looking and posting fewer times a week because of the ballache.

espressoal
    Free Member

Every new page, that’s after closing all the various ads, and I can’t go on Mols car thread, just goes blank and asks me to wait or close, as forums go it is painful.

scaredypants

I’m a paid member and I’m logged in and I’m getting them too – **** PITA

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

On a positive note, I’ve not been able to reply to any threads all afternoon until now, due to the glitch. 😆

MoreCashThanDash

Sites been running a bit slow, but no ads or pop ups for me. Think I have to log back in about once a month.

Surprised other full members are having issues though

thelawman

Look on the bright side, eh, chaps?
    At least you can have the irritating new Privacy popup in any one of about a dozen European languages. Despite Br**it.

CountZero

Yup for only £2 a month you can have a less crap experience. Not great but not as bad, what a pitch

Functioning fine on my iPad. I’m a subscriber, but I didn’t have a problem before, mainly because of the browser combination I use. I get kicked off occasionally, usually if I haven’t been on the forum for a few days. Unusual, I know, but it does happen…

transporter13
    Free Member

Had the same issue using an android phone(note 10+) with chrome browser.
    Quick search for another browser, installed opera and no ads or anything…for now

markgraylish
    Free Member

<crosses fingers> All ok on my Samsung phone using DuckDuckGo browser…</crosses fingers>

squirrelking
    Free Member

Every new page, that’s after closing all the various ads, and I can’t go on Mols car thread, just goes blank and asks me to wait or close, as forums go it is painful.

Yes but you’re a freeloader, shut up and stop complaining. If you want an opinion you have to pay for it.

FWIW it’s running like a heap on Chrome at work and hangs like a sloth on Firefox mobile. Both have a white bar along the bottom which appears to be a greyed out ad (work has built in ad blocking and god knows what it’s doing on mobile). Cookie popup on every single page or refresh.

Oh and “Keep me signed in” only works if you use one device, otherwise it just logs you back out again.

doomanic

I’m a paid member and I’m logged in and I’m getting them too – **** PITA

Same here.

Oh and “Keep me signed in” only works if you use one device, otherwise it just logs you back out again.

And here.

sharkattack

Same here. Prompted to accept cookies on every single page.

sharkbait
    Free Member

Same here, never had it before and I’ve been using this phone/browse combination for 3 years.
    Painful

andytherocketeer

works fine for me, both logged in and logged out

can only guess that it’s cos I’ve whitelisted cookies for STW (and told it to delete most other cookies on browser exit, and deny 3rd party cookies)

or STW is selectively singling out users to treat one way or the other

big_n_daft
    Free Member

It’s a feature……

That or distributed cryptocurrency mining………….

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Becoming a very unpleasant experience. If it doesn’t improve I doubt I’ll be back.

Drac

I had that last night, this am I used the cookie killer, closed the browser and the restarted it. I’ve had no issues since, might be worth trying.

Also remember to report any issues please.

MrTricky
    Free Member

Terrible here too on Android. I’ll pop back in a week or so to see if it’s sorted.

orena45

Had this as well this morning on my Android/Chrome browser. Just clicked on the STW Cookie killer link at the bottom ⬇️, logged back in and seems to be ok now.

sillyoldman

See what you mean OP – was fine yesterday, but a total pain on the hoop today.

blokeuptheroad

Tried the cookie killer. Logged out, shut down browser, rebooted phone and the very first thing I see on opening STW is the privacy popup. And again on on every page. With that and pop ups and banners obscuring the text that would shame a local newspaper website, it’s virtually unusable.

Same on tablet and PC, with different browsers.

Yes I have reported it.

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I keep thinking I should sign up and pay,then stuff like this happens. If you want my money, it has to work properly, all the time.

Drac

Yes I have reported it.

Thank you.

malgrey
    Free Member

Yep, every page.

Have cleared cookies, but no difference. Chrome, Windows 10.

Things like this do affect how often I visit this site, it has always been far more painful to use than every other forum I post on.

captain_bastard
    Free Member

If it makes non-subscribers feel any better, not running much better here. Logged off repeatedly, still get occasional ads and everything feels clunky and slow

kilo

Ads, being logged out whilst reading a thread, accepting settings seems to be the norm at the moment.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 215 total)

The topic ‘BLOODY COOKIES’ is closed to new replies.