Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bike Courier Recommendations?
  • joeydeacon
    Free Member

I won a bike on eBay that the seller very generously said he would box up and accept a courier pick up if I won (despite it being listed as pick up only) – I booked a Parcel Force collection via Parcel Monkey, and a week later still no collection – they keep marking the guy as “Not In” because they can’t find the address – he is genuine, and luckily works from home but it’s not fair on him to have a bike box in his hallway all this time, and I feel really bad.

Can anyone recommend a bike courier (or any courier that can take a bike box) that I can leave directions / a phone number if they’re struggling to find the property, as it seems the Parcel Force driver can’t be bothered? Collection is near East London, delivery to Cornwall if that helps.

Thanks in advance, Joey

joeydeacon
    Free Member

To anyone who’s looking to ship a bike – please avoid Parcel Monkey / ParcelForce – they’ve been utterly useless, refusing to phone the seller for directions, not looking at the detailed directions provided, and consistently marking the customer as “Not in” rather than bothering to find the address or ask for help – for 9 days straight! I’ve given Paisley Freight a try instead.

hooli

Paisley freight who I think use APC couriers. Sent or received 3 bikes this summer and all been OK.

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Thanks Hooli – yep it is APC Couriers they’re using – Hopefully it’ll run smoothly this time 🙂

johnw1984
    Free Member

Thing is with couriers, it can vary wildly based on the driver delivering it. In my masses of experience with couriers, the main ones can be as good/bad as each other.

Some drivers (DPD) aren’t obliged to use their phones to ring for instructions etc, even though it is in their best interest to get a massive parcel off the van.

Can be a bloody minefield 🙂

kingofthetoys

As above really! All depends on the driver, if I’ve got a bike to deliver/collect on my round I go the extra mile, got to look after your own!

joeydeacon
    Free Member

Just to conclude: Paisley Freight / APC were excellent – picked it up first time, delivered next day for less money than Parcel Force.

£32 to collect a bike, drive it across the country for next day delivery, including £200 of insurance.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bike Courier Recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.