Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Best house names
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

My house (No 42) is called “Deep Thought”.

A friends parent’s house is called “Casa Nostra”. They’re Italian 🙂

tang
    Free Member

My surname is Andrews and our house is called St Andrews House. People ask if its intentional.
    I grew up in; Emerald Hollow, Badgers Lane, Nr Paradise!

munrobiker
    Free Member

There’s a Pen Y Sphent on my way to work, with a lovely picture of Pen Y Ghent on the sign.

leegee

Hoe house in Surrey Hills, Just up the road from Knobfield.

servo
    Free Member

Riding out of Epsom towards the downs there is

“Condover”

Maybe their house deal wasn’t quite the bargain they thought it was!

DrP

We live in a village by the sea.
    Clearly not all the houses can see the sea.
    But I admire “sea glimpse” for their conviction that they can…

DrP

Greybeard
    Free Member

A serious minded colleague of mine lives in house he inherited from his parents, called “Nine Trees”. It’s number 27.

alpin
    Free Member

Didyabringyagrogalong in Australia.

alibongo001

I used to know a consultant in Leeds, whose house was called “Bedside Manor” – used to make me laugh!

chipsngravy
    Free Member

Far Corfe

Luther Blissett used to live there.

cynic-al
    Free Member

me: Binsteamin.

maccruiskeen

There’s a farm in Cumbria called Wide Open Dykes.

We had our eye on a little fixer-upper up the road from here called ‘Little Black Dykes’. Someone else bought it and demolished it though. Shame as we thought it ticked all the boxes in terms of size and location, it also seemed to tick most of the boxes on an equal opportunities monitoring form.

gordimhor

There’s a house on California called “Outside of the Asylum “According to Douglas Adams.

gazza100

Lottery winner here in Armadale built a new house and called it ‘Whit A Vue’. New owner has since removed the name plate.

joeegg
    Free Member

Out for a walk on the Northumberland coast with my wife we passed a house with the name plaque ” Shavenhaven “.

daver27
    Free Member

My parents used to live in a house they bought new nearly 40 years ago, they moved in soon after the builders left and it was a right mess. they called it “Dusty Hole”

nedrapier

Not best, or especially funny but in the same vein, I stayed in a cottage in High Bents above Gunnerside with my wife a few years ago. It had been a couple of old lead miners cottages, empty for years, and the owners had called it “The Stone Tent” when they first bought it because there wasn’t much more to it than that.

globalti
    Free Member

Helping a family friend to build his house in Oxfordshire in the 70s, we were sitting drinking tea and watching the rain pouring down and discussing names for the house. Suddenly the friend burst into hysterical laughter: “Sea View!”

My best school buddy lived in a house called “Wet Paint”. His Dad had painted the gate and thought it was a funny idea to leave the sign.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned, but houses really shouldn’t have names.

That’s a bit daft. What happens if your house is old? My inlaws live in a house with a name (fairly boring one) but its half a mile from the nearest neighbour, so there are no house numbers there. And its 650 years old.

My house has a name too as it and the immediate neighbours predate the rest of the houses around by quite a bit, so descriptive names make sense.

lemonysam
    Free Member

This farm’s name always amuses me, hopefully not a triumph of hope over reality:
    http://binged.it/1IGy1Io

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Best house names’ is closed to new replies.