Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • Best house names
  • paulevans
    Free Member

I’ve never been a huge fan of Cilla Black, but watching the news last night I noticed the name of her Spanish villa –

Casa Roll

Brilliant!

What you got?

rocketman
    Free Member

Up the road we have ‘Dilligaf’

And Helms Deep on a 3-bed semi

the-muffin-man

Dunbrewin

…the name of an ex. cafe just down the road from me. Couple retired and just live there now.

wombat

Emlyn Hughs’ house that he bought after he retired was called Dunbrilliant.

Allegedly 😉

matt_outandabout

Helms Deep on a 3-bed semi

😆

BillMC

I used to live near two: Fircombe Hall and Ellinside.

Bregante

A friend with the surname of Grace has a very tongue in cheek “Gracelands” on their gate post.

MoreCashThanDash

My wife’s uncle was the village policeman when they had such a thing. He bought his old Police house and called it “Bobbygon”

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Near me is the excellently named;

“Butts-Haven”

andytherocketeer

There’s a house not all that far away from home that’s called “Nought”

bikebouy
    Free Member

I never really understood why anyone would call their house “Dunroamin” but as the years roll by and my age starts to creep up on me, I kinda get it now.

I’ll choose something even more Nautical for my next place as I foresee me moving down the beach closer to my sailing club in a couple of years..

boxelder

Used to be one near a school in Carlisle had ‘Fir Kew Hall’ in large black letters painted on the white wall.

iolo
    Free Member

I pass Ty Cnau quite often.
    I always have a giggle.

nedrapier

My dad’s bought a house that’s a big for just him, but it does a good job of looking smaller.

He toyed with the idea of calling it Monster Cottage, but settled for Park View It over looks a park – boring, but you can’t argue with it. I prefer Monster Cottage, though.

When the postie’s used to his name, I might start writing to him at Monster Cottage.

lunge

I don’t have a name for my house but if I did I’d call it “Ian”.

convert

When I was a paperboy I used to deliver to a really modern house with different ‘pods’ connected via glass corridors secretly hidden away behind trees called ‘Moonraker’. You could easily imagine Hugo Drax hiding away there. As a 14 yr old it was the coolest house ever!

40mpg

Just up the road from me:

[url=https://flic.kr/p/m4VHqe]Untitled[/url] by Allan, on Flickr

I also know someone who called his marital home ‘Tranquility Base’ (he was a huge fan of the American space programme). Sadly it wasn’t an appropriate name

tomkerton
    Free Member

We viewed a house called ‘The Quiet Woman’ recently.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Used to be one near a school in Carlisle had ‘Fir Kew Hall’ in large black letters painted on the white wall.

loddrik
    Free Member

Call me old fashioned, but houses really shouldn’t have names.

qwerty
    Free Member

There is a Breasty Haw in / around Grizedale forest.

nickc

I regularly cycle past one called “Black Dyke”

BiscuitPowered
    Free Member

My missus and I are about to move into our new place.

We’re debating calling it ‘Castle Greyskull’

matt_outandabout

Call me old fashioned, but houses really shouldn’t have names.

Only if they are big enough, and the owner can sport tweed on a regular basis should be prerequisites.
    An example:

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

We viewed a house called ‘The Quiet Woman’ recently.

How strange,was just about to give that as an example before I read through. We pass one regularly in these parts, and have only seen that one. My wife and I joke that it’s so named because the houseowner’s once very vocal wife is buried somewhere in the garden 😯

kiwijohn

I used to live next to a pub called The New Good Woman. I don’t know what happened to the old one.
    Sadly it was turned into an Audi showroom.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I used to work with a chap with the surname ‘Crook’ his house is called ‘Crooklands’ – we works in finance, so….

Years ago I worked in a Call Centre, I had a call from a young couple who insisted we changed their address on file from 11 Acacia Avenue (or something like that) to Mos Eisley.

Richie_B

There’s a house in Denby Dale called The Cloisters (because of it proximity to the pub)

duffmiver
    Free Member

Devil’s delight and a Dunvegan near me

Cougar

I had a call from a young couple who insisted we changed their address on file from 11 Acacia Avenue (or something like that) to Mos Eisley.

That’s understandable, they were probably sick of people calling round and asking for Bananaman.

vickypea
    Free Member

Chuckle Cottage near me

wombat

11 Acacia Avenue

I bet the family at number 22 were equally keen to change….

mudshark
    Free Member

The water company seem convinced that my house is called ‘High Ash’, never seen any other reference to this. Nice enough to use if I knew why it’s called that.

Cougar

Oh yeah, that’s where Charlotte worked wasn’t it.

Cougar

The water company seem convinced that my house is called ‘High Ash’, never seen any other reference to this. Nice enough to use if I knew why it’s called that.

Maybe it used to be a marijuana farm.

wombat

Cougar – Moderator

Oh yeah, that’s where Charlotte worked wasn’t it.

Indeed it was 8)

EhWhoMe

cheers_drive

My parents built their house on a spare plot of land on behind a police station. 90% of the other houses on the road were local authority owned and were lived in by the police officers. As they didn’t want to be house 5a they decided to name it ‘The Coppers’.
    Not the best name I know, but one day the local paper had an even slower news day a decided to do a feature on the why the house was call ‘The Coppers’, and they also took a photograph of him next to the house sign. Much to my mum’s horror and my brother’s and my amusement he didn’t realise his flies were open when they took the photo.

RobHilton
    Free Member

I used to live in “Spaview” opposite the local Spar 🙂

Gutterball
    Free Member

There’s a farm in Cumbria called Wide Open Dykes.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘Best house names’ is closed to new replies.