Search the forum using the power of Google

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • BBC Winterwatch is back
  • Bunnyhop

The usual time of 8.00 pm
    BBC 2
    Usual team of Chris, Michaela, Iolo and Gillian.

There may be some snow.

Poopscoop

Whoops! Thanks for psa.ūüĎćūüėĀ

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Today?

matt_outandabout

Will there be blackbirds?

Davesport

Thanks.

Bunnyhop

Blackbirds and baby robins.

cheese@4p

Maybe even a badger?

tjagain

They filmed near my flat!

matt_outandabout

Maybe even a badger?

No, but that’s a fine beaver….

jimw
    Free Member

The opening minute yesterday was of a bittern walking slowly over ice…superb. I do find watching a recording is best though to miss out the less interesting bits.

CountZero

Watching now ‚Äď badger badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom‚Ķ

…but not in that order.

The thought of Steatoda Nobilis catching bats is decidedly creepy! And despite what they were saying about the bite being nothing to worry about, someone I work with was bitten by one, the bite ulcerated and he spent a week in hospital on an antibiotic drip. I was shown a couple of photos, and the one where the bone was showing almost made me heave.
    Uncommon, but bee and wasp stings kill people.

I had two in my garden last year, one of them hiding under the padded top of a garden seat/kneeling pad that I use. I’ll be sure to check it out when the weather gets warmer, I’m not taking any chances.

IdleJon

Uncommon, but bee and wasp stings kill people.

An average of 4 people in the UK per year? You’re almost as likely to die from an infected paper cut.

rickmeister

Chris Packham talking to Michaela about Black Cock lecking… I need mind bleach

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Britain’s best bird

Male sparrowhawk

Just murdered something

Suit you Sir?

tomhoward

Just caught the end, almost spat my drink out at Packham sneaking ‚ÄėSee you next Tuesday!‚Äô In at the end. A rewind and his smirk all the way up to it says he knew exactly what he was doing‚Ķ

derek_starship
    Free Member

Had a male blackcap in our garden today. Pretty impressive considering we are four miles from Manchester city centre. Last time I saw one on our estate, I was 10 and it was 1979.

Bunnyhop

Back on tonight for another 4 days.

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Did anyone else watch the Winterwatch 1963 special on BBC4 last night?

matt_outandabout

Yes ‚Äď amazing scenes of snow and ice ‚Äď and general population quite literally digging in.
    I do wonder how many would respond these days, should another 1963 winter come our way‚Ķ ūü§Ē

ElShalimo
    Free Member

Ooh, can you imagine the paperwork and the H&S assessments just to pop out for some milk?

lovewookie

‚ÄėWe like a bit of anal rubbing on the watch.‚Äô

I spat my ovaltine.

kerley
    Free Member

Yes ‚Äď amazing scenes of snow and ice ‚Äď and general population quite literally digging in.
    I do wonder how many would respond these days, should another 1963 winter come our way

Not many, it would be someone else’s problem. 1963 was not that long after the end of the war so many of the people would have endured that together. And no we don’t need another war…

nbt

Autumnwatch cancelled

A statement said that more money would be directed into sister programmes Springwatch and Winterwatch instead

https://www.standard.co.uk/showbiz/celebrity-news/bbc-chris-packham-british-david-attenborough-alex-green-b1057563.html

kayak23

You‚Äôd think these were the most watched things, but I guess it‚Äôs Mrs Browns Boys etc ūüėź

What a shame.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Search the forum using the power of Google

Thanks for popping by - why not stay a while?IT'S FREE

Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums, do quizzes and more.

Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.