Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • BarbecueTrackWorld (meat ‘n’ charcoal content)
  • bodgy
    Free Member

Come on then, the season is upon us.

What are you cooking up and how?

P-Jay
    Free Member

As ever didn’t leave myself enough time but took my hyperactive 3 year old to ASDA bought a million poorly made bits sold as a barbecue, built the thing in my office clothes in between calls and burnt some sausages and burgers on it.

It was lovely.

bodgy
    Free Member

Tbh, that sounds perfect. Every moment with the nipper is a moment well spent.

llama

Spatchcocked a chicken

Mayonnaise made from burnt butter

Ate with our fingers

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tonight I cooked. Pork , lamb and prawns on the braai* and ate biltong drinking punk IPa and Elvis juice.

* I’m in Africa

iainc

It’s 6 degrees here in West of Scotland, though it was about 14 earlier. Heating on and nice and toasty. What a BBQ ?😀

dantsw13

I’ve been on a training course all day, with s long drive around the M25 Friday hell to get home.

Msg from the missus half way home;

”I’ve popped into Waitrose for some meat & halloumi – kids are collecting sticks in the garden for your fire”

What a lovely way to spend Friday evening

877139C8-CD7D-4A07-97BA-7D72A11711F5

cchris2lou

Beef ribs and duck breast .

Beef blue and duck rare .

very hot wood fire .

trail_rat
    Free Member

In addition to the above apparently we are also.bbqing my pinky and palm bastard sore.

hugo
    Free Member

BBQ season is ending in my part of the world.

This year has mostly been the year of BBQ roast chicken in the STW standard issue Weber with starting chimney.

My find of the year was the natural firelighters now sold that are made of veg oil and compressed paper are excellent. No odour and do their day job. Highly recommended.

bodgy
    Free Member

Owing to variable weather I abandoned doing a bbq for my in-laws (rack of marinated ribs will live to fight another day.).

Can I recommend the ‘Parmesan roast chicken with cauliflower and thyme’ recipe from Diana Henry’s ‘Simple’ cookbook?

Bloody lovely, simple prep and massive flavour tray bake. Cheap bone-in, skin on chicken. Some easy sautéed shredded greens as a side . . . Yum.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I watched a couple of 30 something’s sitting in on a slipway with a co-op foil bbq and smoke pouring from it across the road, she looked pissed off he looked Manly.

martymac

Bikebouy.

my uncle, on the first date with my aunt, took her to the cinema, on the way home he asks if she’s hungry, she says yes, so he stops at this roadside burger van.

must’ve worked though, they’re still together 40 years later . .

benp1

Burgers and sausages earlier, winner! Homemade chips helped too

trail_rat
    Free Member

Tonight we did corn on cob , DIY garlic and cheese with jalapeno bread.and 400 grams of lombhino

molgrips
    Free Member

Coming back from my ride the whole neighbourhood smelled of grilling meat.  I had to rush to get ours lit before the rain started #verybritishproblems

bodgy
    Free Member

@bikebouy – don’t even get me started on those crappy-grockle-don’t-give-a-shit so-called ‘disposable’ barbecues. GGGRRRRRRRR.

Turn up at an area of outstanding natural beauty with their Morrison’s carrier bag of plastic wrapped reclaimed sausage crap and a foil tray of chemicals only to pollute the place and then wander off leaving it all behind to wash away on the next tide or for someone else pick it up . . .

AAAAARGGGH!

Totally boils my piss. I sincerely hope that nobody on this forum is so disrespectful of the environments that they choose to take their leisure in.

>and breathe<

apologies. Rant over.

pomona
    Free Member

Brisket.

Cooked slow for 16 hours in an offset smoker using well seasoned wood for fuel.

revs1972
    Free Member

Burgers , veggies sausages, and kebabs on a disposable barbecue down on the beach, with the kids rockpooling and paddling in the sea whilst it “cooked”.

Followed with marsh mallows and strawberries dipped in melted chocolate .

Barbecue was extinguished using the finest sea water and safely removed from the area and disposed of in the correct manner 😉

ransos
    Free Member

Marinaded lamb shoulder in rosemary, lemon zest, garlic, oil and Worcestershire sauce. Just gone on the BBQ with the vents nearly closed so I can cook it slowly.

trail_rat
    Free Member

pomona , now we talking thats bbqing 😀 – its a year round hobby in our house – helped by the fact that my neighbours are http://www.angusandoink.com so theres always BBQ smells in the air.

Im currently at work and only have an Open braai so pretty restricted to what i can do due to time and of course i cant hog the braai for 10 hours while my brisket gets slow roasted at low heat while no one else can cook 😀

lank45
    Free Member

Not strictly a BBQ but got the Uuni out last night and made pizza – enough dough left to make some more for lunch today.

Best thing we’ve bought in ages and easy to use, she did well picking it for my birthday.

https://uk.uuni.net/collections/frontpage/products/uuni-3?variant=34980258060

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

I had chorizos, burgers, some sole fillets in a citrus marinade, coriander and garlic prawn kebabs, Korean BBQ chicken kebabs and some home made cornbread and salsa on the side

Coyote
    Free Member

Put some herby potato wedges in the oven, a few portabello mushrooms fried gently in lots of garlicky butter and some nice sirloin steaks on the BBQ. Washed down with a few beers and the early evening sun. Perfect Saturday evening.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘BarbecueTrackWorld (meat ‘n’ charcoal content)’ is closed to new replies.