• This topic has 27 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by sv.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Are CRC Getting Slack??
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Sorry This may have been done before,

ordered some tyres yesterday morning (no later than 10am) just having a look on the CRC website and they havent even been sent out yet!!!

this **** my plans up for the rest of my R+R as i was going to head to the hills for the rest of my time off!!

i remember when you used to order some thing at 2pm and it would turn up the next day!!!

RANT OVER!!!

Jamie
    Free Member

As usual, if you really needed the item then pay for next day delivery.

thepurist

Maybe try nextdaytyres.com if you want tyres the next day… The only problem with CRC is that we've just got used to their typical speed and so get upset if they don't live up to it.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i always thought it was next day delivery and it was free!!

ah well you live and learn! i will pay the extra £4 for tyres next time.

shaun

MSP

If you need something quickly, buy locally.

I think its becoming normal practice for mail order companies to put a days delay on orders, to push customers towards paying for next day as an additional service. Amazon have been doing it for years, as has wiggle, I wouldn't be surprised if CRC was following suit.
    I still find CRC pretty good, but they have never been the religious experience some people seem to think.

nickjb
    Free Member

Yep, they've really slipped on delivery recently. You used to get rapid delivery for free but now its a lottery.

atlaz
    Free Member

Never quite understand people who order stuff they NEED tomorrow online without paying for guaranteed delivery. Actually, scratch that, given how many guaranteed deliveries haven't turned up, if I need something tomorrow, I go to the LBS or Halfords.

jamesb
    Free Member

there are other threads too with excatly same issue about CRC; they seem to be getting slack I agree, of my last 5 orders , alll before 10am just one arrived next day; and from other thread comments even paying for next day doesnot gurantee that it seems. I have also noticed that soem of teh sale prices seem a bit ambititious, ie lowest sale price stated is for some obscure size clothing item or only realtes to a small selection of a range eg tyres colours

vinnyeh

The biggest problem doesn't seem to be on the delivery, it's the despatch. CRC say all in stock itgems should be despatched same day if ordered by 3pm. A lot of the time this doesn't happen- my last order was palced on Thursday morning, didn't get despatched til Monday night.

All 'In Stock' orders that are received by CRC before 3pm GMT, placed online or ordered by telephone should be dispatched the same day.

MS
    Free Member

Surely that is why the sale prices are so low though. Selling off stock that doesn't get bought a lot. If they reduced the big selling items surely it would be a pointless business (yes I am aware of the initial rocket in sales).

Prices at CRC seem fair.

Jamie
    Free Member

Maybe try nextdaytyres.com

Oh and this^^

They are very good.

Haze

Service as good as ever here 🙂

z1ppy

I assumed it was down to the sale, as my last few orders pre the sale were fine but this last one took a few days (& am not complaining, as they were cheap bit in the sale)

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

still in processing!!

Clink

As usual, if you really needed the item then pay for next day delivery.

I've done this and it's still not dispatched. It's noth edelivery, it's the dispatch as said above.

craig1975
    Free Member

Ive had a mixed delivery times from CRC.. mostly impressively quick..

but have noticed it slipping rescently… the last order i placed with them was on a Monday before 10am and didn't even get dispatched until 3 days later which is poor… all items showed in stock at the time of purchase..

CRC are not always the cheapest especially in the case above but i chose to buy from them because they are reliable and 9 time out of 10 you know your items will be with you within a day or two.. so it is frustrating when things like that slip..

I don't buy into the if you want it next day pay for it.. why should i when CRC have proved in the past that they can deliver a very good fast service for free.. "one" of the main reasons why they are considered to be one of the best online bike retailer shops in the world.. but if they don't keep up there high standard then they will just become another run of the mill shop….

MrSalmon
    Free Member

My last order was fine but a few before that did spend a few days processing. But ordering something online close enough to a trip to give you a problem if it doesn't show is just setting yourself up for disappointment, whoever you're buying from.

donsimon
    Free Member

Ordered on Thursday afternoon, arrived Tuesday morning in Spain. Perfectly happy.

giddyrob
    Free Member

Right, so people should go to the lbs and buy the tyres they don't want as the lbs doesn't stock the ones you were looking for…..

Sorry, but lbs are great in some respects, but after researching an item I want to buy that item, not something else cos of limited stock. Don't have a week to go to all the biking shops in the South East.

Please don't get me started on Halfords…. Last time I went in they only had maxis downhill tyres and 2.1 tyres! Brilliant! So super small or downhill! Mint!

Rant over 🙂

I ordered some jockey wheels from CRC and they came next day. Ordered some inner tubes and muck off last Friday and am still waiting… Lottery me thinks 🙁 Don't forget the post service is arse 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

yep crap recently, I've started using wiggle and merlin and found that CRc isn't the cheapest any more either.

IainGillam
    Free Member

I ordered some Items from wiggle, merlin, superstar and CRC last wednesday, all free postage all royal mail. Wiggle and superstar arrived Friday, Merlin and CRC arrived tuesday. This echos most of my previous experiences with wiggle being my favorite online supplier and ime the quickest and superstar being suprisingly good, the pads haven't spontaniously combusted yet either. For me CRC is now the average one, it used to be very good on postage, have very cheap items and a lot of stock but now wiggle is better on post has just as large a range and is comparable on price. If you want cheap parts merlin has some stuff so much cheaper than every where else.

Iain

shedfull
    Free Member

I've ordered a fair amount of stuff over the last couple of weeks and CRC have been a day or two slower than usual to process the order but it shows up quick when they process it. I put an order in last night and they're processing it already today, so maybe the rush is over and they're coping with the workload now.

August is probably a bad time for them – lots of staff on holiday and lots to clear before the new stuff comes along in the Autumn. I bet there was a thread exactly like this one at exactly the same time last year.

I like them – they've been as close to perfect for me as they could be and ever helpful when I wanted to return stuff.

craig1975
    Free Member

Like I said.. Ive had mixed delivery times.. I ordered some fork oil from them yesterday and it has arrived today.. 🙂

now I'm just waiting for the rest of my stuff from Pedra Cycles to do the conversion on my Lyriks.. Ive paid for the postage.. and there still processing the order 😯

timc
    Free Member

In a word yes…

Its not the delivery times either, its the dispatch times!

My last two orders have taken 2 & 5 days to dispatch!

bad form

Woody
    Free Member

I don't know what type of 'pick-n-pack' system they use but it doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment. Single item orders IME arrive next day but if you have 2+ items it seems to increase the processing time.

Zukemonster
    Free Member

don't know what type of 'pick-n-pack' system they use but it doesn't seem to be working very well at the moment. Single item orders IME arrive next day but if you have 2+ items it seems to increase the processing time.

So just order everything singly and feel like Mr popular when you get 10 packets the next day?

tomhughes46

Ordered a frame, headset, seat post etc. (well other half did)

They have sent it in two shipments, so have frame but no parts, and the box for the frame arrived opened where they had but the invoice in and not closed it. Am hoping all the parts/decals are still in the bag!

Meh. Assuming all the pieces arrive it's cheap…

sv

Different stock locations across the UK won't be helping their speed.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

The topic ‘Are CRC Getting Slack??’ is closed to new replies.