• This topic has 18 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 13 years ago by 5lab.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • anyone use Lovefilm….. Question ….
  • the_lecht_rocks

do you have to pay the return disc postage or is it all included ?

is it a good service / option ?

tia

MountainMutant
    Free Member

No all included and I’ve been happy with the service.

Been a member a year with 4 discs a month. Had about 3 or 4 dodgy bluerays in that time.

MM

project
    Free Member

Free returns but if the dvd goes missing they bill you , they did with me, and they want admit stuff gets nicked.

ross980
    Free Member

Free returns but if the dvd goes missing they bill you , they did with me, and they want admit stuff gets nicked.

Not in my experience. I reported a disc missing, they sent me a replacement straight away. I received a claim form through the post a few weeks later that I had to sign and return within 7 days or something (in the enclosed freepost envelope) so they could claim the value back from Royal Mail. I didn’t have to pay anything. I also had a faulty disc sent through, when I reported they sent another immediately.

Can’t fault them IMHO.

To the OP, if any of your friends/colleagues use them they’ll probably have been sent some 2 or 3 month free trials. Use them on the the most expensive tariff then knock it down before you get charged, that’s what I did. I don’t get much time to watch films now so I’m on the PAYG tariff, still only £2 a disc with no late fees so much better than going to Blockbuster etc.

Butterfly2346
    Free Member

I Love … Lovefilm ;-)Been a member for over a year! Though started to use BT vision on demand for films as I can watch what I want to watch when I want to watch it (as opposed to waiting for a disc to arrive) … did that make sense?

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Been a member for a few years. The only fault I can find is that I don’t watch the films quickly enough so don’t get the best value.

MrOvershoot

We have been members of Lovefilm since early 2007 and watch at least 1 a week and in that time only had 1 disk that was slightly skippy.
    Never had any return problems at all.

Cougar

I <3 LoveFilm also.

Before anyone else gets in there, here’s my referral link which will get you a free month’s trial.

grum
    Free Member

Not in my experience. I reported a disc missing, they sent me a replacement straight away.

Me too.

Northwind

Only criticism I had is that we got a disc that was mauled- had wee cracks in it and massively scratched. So we sent it back, told them about it… Month later ordered the same film, got the same disc back. Not too impressed about that one but otherwise they’ve been good.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

all good, get the discount or start on an offer, biggest problem is finding new good films to watch!! Has me listening to old Kermode podcasts to see what to see

nuke

Been very good for us although we do Tesco DVD Rental which, given all the discs arrive with the LoveFilm logo, assume its the same company by another name.

dafunkphenomenon
    Free Member

Had a trial of LoveFilm but they hardly sent any of the films I had at the top of my list. Moved over to blockbuster and they sent them all straight in order I picked them. You don’t (didn’t) have to pick 10 to add either.

Would recommend a trial with them

richmtb

The films they send you off your list can be a bit hit and miss but overall a good service and good value compared to one-off rentals.

Their games packages are also worth a look if you are into gaming

5lab

yeah echo the above. I’ve got the base package and its great for blu-rays (having spent a fortune on a dvd library, i’m remiss to do the same on blu-rays). The online service is a bit gash – your allowance won’t allow access to all films (only a selection) and the quality isn’t great. Otherwise its all good.

If you get the base package, you might be better off on the ‘pay as you go’ package which gives you the same number of DVDs\blu-rays, but no time limits – so you can view the 3 as quick or as slow as you like

SaxonRider

ross980 – Member

“Free returns but if the dvd goes missing they bill you , they did with me, and they want admit stuff gets nicked.”

Not in my experience. I reported a disc missing, they sent me a replacement straight away. I received a claim form through the post a few weeks later that I had to sign and return within 7 days or something (in the enclosed freepost envelope) so they could claim the value back from Royal Mail. I didn’t have to pay anything. I also had a faulty disc sent through, when I reported they sent another immediately.

My experience exactly. I have been a member since it was still Amazon (so about five or six years), and other than a few thefts, which were handled immediately and with no problems, as well as two damaged discs (which were replaced within 48 hours), I’ve not experienced a hiccup.

Strongly recommended if you love film. Ha ha.

WackoAK
    Free Member

Anyone used the online streaming part of the service much?

I’m getting a new bluray player that connects to the lovefilm service and was wondering if it’s worth it?

molgrips
    Free Member

I subscribed just so I could get something to watch here in Germany. Only messed with it a bit since PSN has only just come back up, but it seems awfully limited in choice.

5lab

Anyone used the online streaming part of the service much?

I’m getting a new bluray player that connects to the lovefilm service and was wondering if it’s worth it?

worth it for renting blurays? yes.

worth it for the online service? no. not at the moment

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘anyone use Lovefilm….. Question ….’ is closed to new replies.