Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Anyone seen any good deals on an alfine?
  • DT78
    Free Member

Prefer the newer 11 speed but could be tempted by the 8. Hub & shifters or maybe a whole rear wheel

slparsons
    Free Member

SJSC have the 8 speed hubs at about half price and have reduced their wheel build charges, I’ve got a set coming as the eight speed seems more reliabel that the 11 from what I’ve read.

Alternatively On One are selling complete 8Speed Alfine wheelsets discounted.

DT78
    Free Member

Hmmm good shout. Only really want the rear can I ask what build you went for? They don’t seem to stock stans or 29er rims?

Mackem

I’ve got a 2nd hand one available. 8-speed on a brand new Mavic EN521.

edit – actually no, i havent, I think i’ll keep it. Sorry, I’m dithering.

mj27
    Free Member

I got mine from justridingalong.com and got a great price on a full wheel build. Email him for a quote even if the combination is not on the website.

Mackem

I got mine from rosebikes, always seemed to be the cheapest.

Includes shifter and fitting gubbins, 136 quid – worth every penny.

http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/shimano-alfine-gearbox-hub-sg-s501-8-speed/aid:341402

shandcycles
    Free Member

I have an 11 speed hub built onto a Salsa Delgado rim. Never been used in anger. Was built for the Bristol Bespoked show last year and put on a display bike. Never ridden. Also have 11 speed drop bar shifters to go with it. Also have a nice matching front (XT hub) brand new too.

tootallpaul

Shandcycles- is that a 29er Delgado?

shandcycles
    Free Member

Shandcycles- is that a 29er Delgado?

yessir.

tootallpaul

Interesting.

Shandcycles- I shall drop you an email.

Cheers,

Paul

slparsons
    Free Member

DT78, I’m using a black XT front, black alfine 8 rear both 32H centerlock on DT470 rims.

Tomspriggs
    Free Member

I have a 700c alfine 8 wheel up for sale, with flat bar shifter, mount kit cog. See :

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-shimano-alfine-8-hub-on-700c-rims-dt-revolution-spokes-inc-shifter-cog

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Anyone seen any good deals on an alfine?’ is closed to new replies.