Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Anyone changed from SPD to Egg Beaters – for the better?
  • anniison
    Free Member

Changed from SPD's to Egg beaters. Hated them within 3-4 rides, changed back. No problems with the pedals themselves, just didnt get on with them. In particular found it harder than Id like to clip in and out.

You can buy my eggbeaters off me cheap if you decide to change? ;o)

snowpaul
    Free Member

hmmm

spd for me all the way…

admit eggies are better in snow / mud BUT tbh not a real problem for me – disliked release of egggies and rapid wear. I have spds on commuters after hard mtb use which are 7 years old or something with zero maintenance..

BUT if i was racing seriously i would go for an eggie for lightness but i wouldnt feel happy with foot movement – like atacs but spd now for me…

paul

Colin-T

Switched from SPDs to Crank Bros of various kinds (Candy, Mallet, 2xeggbeaters) but, although I really like them, their design, look and their action, but I'm switching back to SPDs, they just don't fit with my particular brand of fit and forget maintenance.

Which is a shame since I've also had nothing but great support from 2Pure, just that they aren't the right product for me.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Anyone changed from SPD to Egg Beaters – for the better?’ is closed to new replies.