Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)
  • Anybody not riding today? Feels damn cold/man up?
  • Frankenstein
    Free Member

Heating on and I’m freezing.

Was going to tinker with the bike then ride but boy is it freezing!

Just me or anyone else feeling it today?

Cletus
    Free Member

I was going out for a 100k road ride today but given the wet weather here I have postponed until tomorrow.

Have signed up for a charity 1000 miles by end of Jan challenge so I need to get some distance in this weekend.

scaredypants

I may venture out to the garage for a teenytiny zwift sesh later but right now it’s raining too hard to go out that far (#prayforsouthernengland)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Not cold enough to freeze the mud.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Pissing it down with cold rain up here. Going for a night-scoot with the pogies come what may.

lunge

Running instead of riding for me, much more pleasant in the rain and cold.

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m taking the opportunity to have a rest day. 170 miles commuting on my Genesis Flyer singlespeed over the last 5 days is more than enough I think. Might go for a gentle spin to a café tomorrow.

ads678

Just took my 11yr old son out for a ride on the gravel bikes. 22kms of lovely bridal ways. Bit muddy and slippy but nice and sunny.

My new boots haven’t been delivered yet so my feet are bloody freezing!!

AD

Spent the morning freezing my arse off watching U13 football. My plan to go out on cross bike this afternoon has now turned into a Zwift session… Yep – I am weak 🙂

onehundredthidiot

Just back from a 50km gravel ride. Average temp -1 min temp -3. Clear sky, ice patches and chilly in the shade.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Blowing dust off the turbo trainer…

Keva
    Free Member

5’c and utterly pouring with rain down here – since I’m just getting over the worst cold I’ve had for about three years I think I’ll be giving it a miss. I’ve just been out into the shed to fit some winter tyres on one of my bikes, that was grim enough. Tomorrow looks better!

scotroutes

Already done 60km on road bike. Having food and coffee then heading back. -5 in spots but lovely in the sun. Just got to watch out for icy patches!

shooterman

Rain bouncing off the streets here.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

Just got to watch out for icy patches!

I dread the black ice,I’ve slid off my motorbikes on black ice to many times,now I don’t risk it.
    It was frosty around here this morning,then drizzle so I’ve just done 30 minutes on the Turbo.
    Tomorrows forecast is for sunshine so I’ll get out for a ice free ride on the Gravel bike tomorrow.

whitestone
    Free Member

Did a short easy ride this morning: from Threshfield up and over to the bottom of Mastiles, up Mastiles over to Weets top, down to Winterburn and back to Threshfield. About 3 or 4C with a cool easterly. Main problem was the centimetre or so of gloop on top of a firm sub-layer that made traction interesting in parts.

trumpton
    Free Member

just back from a local ride, part urban part offroad. first proper ride in 3 months. Very wet but loved it. will be going on more soon.

weeksy

Freezing, damp, cold, wet bits, yup all of that. 40km this morning of road stuff, was nice enough

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Just been out on the hybrid for 20 miles. Shorts, legs ok. Wrong gloves, cold hands.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

40 mile “gravel” ride, the only gravel was the bmx track, the rest was mostly mud!

Made the mistake of proposing a steady/social ride to the club, the only people mad enough to be out this year are either the committed or a sponsored gravel racer! So in our little group of three I was leading from the back on the quick bits!

bruceonabike
    Free Member

Siting at home researching kneepads and nursing the bruises from last weekend’s ride.

phil5556

I’m not riding, I’m mostly sitting around indoors un-motivated to do anything before heading to night shift. I’ve lost my riding mojo at the moment I think.

brownsauce
    Free Member

Was planning a ride along some country lanes this aft but rain has put paid to that idea , dont mind the cold temps tho , still went out with the dog this am.

theres always tomorra….

daveylad
    Free Member

Season is over for me. Starts again next year when it dry and warm, usually April or so. However this year I was out again in Jan as it was so mild.

footflaps

Did 100km on the road this morning, was above freezing which was better than forecast. Only hit by one car who couldn’t be bothered to give way and just ploughed through a junction without looking, luckily I managed to break and only struck his passenger door at 10mph rather than being hit side on at 30mph…

jekkyl

it is a day for heating on and video games.

nickc

Just back from a 20 mile backcountry loop in the Pennines, it was pretty grim if I’m honest, windchill bought the temp down to around 0 degs and while the mud wasn’t nearly as bad as I’d thought it would be, it was still hard going.

feeling smug now the bike’s washed and the laundry’s in…

Kryton57

Went out for 2 and bit hours.   Getting away from the house was the hardest, but once in the woods and riding I warmed up and the ride was pleasant.

grahamt1980

Not riding, went for a swim in the river instead was all of 8.3°c.

Trimix
    Free Member

I drove to the bike shop to look at new shiny things.
    Plan to ride (slide) around Wendover Woods tomorrow.

footflaps

Plan to ride (slide) around Wendover Woods tomorrow.

I remember trail running there, the mud was something else, thick and slippery…

winston2005

Not to bad in Northumberland. but instead I’ve developed shingles so currently feeling sorry for myself.

iainc

3 weeks since I broke my shoulder, I wish I was able to go for a ride…

senorj

I went out for 2.5 hours on the slop bike. Wasn’t that bad to be fair, clarty for tomorrow’s 3 hour though.:-(
    Btw i wouldn’t advise “man up” to anyone but I did see a herd of deer having a warm in the sun,a weasel and then I chased a large raptor* through some trees. Smart.
    * not a red kite but very wide wingspan with dab of white on tail.any ideas?

k1100t
    Free Member

No riding and no new bike building either. Turns out the Topeak BB tool thingie I bought doesn’t fit a Shimano SM-BBR60 and I bought the wrong length of cranks. So I stripped my old racer, thinking I may be able to salvage a few parts, everything went in the bin, apart from the pedals, saddle and drop bars. Then I stripped the Calibre Dune, a year of riding 4,000 KM in all weather hasn’t been kind to various bits, some may be salvageable, if I can find a new fat bike frame.

Temperature wise, I had two jumpers on and my hands were cold by the time I finished in the dark.

kerley
    Free Member

I ride every Saturday and Sunday all year round so yes I was riding.

ibnchris

Wasn’t too grim down in Kent so I went out for a little ride. Then it started pissing it down when I was an hour from home – cold wet ride home but pleased I went out 🙂

dumbbot
    Free Member

Just local stuff,had contemplated going further afield into the hills but decided against it as well…i wasn’t actually cold enough to freeze the bog we would inevitably hit. Despite it ‘not being cold enough’ it was in fact actually bloody cold in the wind, quite glad to have stayed lower.

dirkpitt74

I was going to go this morning but woke up full of snot and feeling crap.

Ended up clearing the leaves in the garden and fixing the fence.

Went in the garage to tinker about 4’ish and gave up after 20 minutes as too cold.

easily
    Free Member

Half an hour to work in the freezing cold. Half an hour home in the drizzly rain. Chain cleaning in the cold garage tonight.

I love cycling.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘Anybody not riding today? Feels damn cold/man up?’ is closed to new replies.