Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Anti-seize for alu seatpost in carbon
  • Kahurangi

Any recommendations?

I don’t need carbon grip compound – it’s a nice tight fit of my seatpost in the frame and carbon grip compound  (like the Pace stuff I have a tub of) just mkae it too hard to put the seatpost in, scratching it.

I do however need something as the seatpost keeps on getting a little bit stuck if not touched for a prolonged period of time.

jonnyboi

I use copper grease

wwaswas

I’d use a non-petroleum based lube just to avoid any issues with epoxy resins reacting with it.

bigyinn
    Free Member

If in doubt, consult the manufacturer / supplier of the frame and get their recommendation.

Some frames react to grease and swell, thus making things worse, not better.

Kahurangi

Some frames react to grease and swell, thus making things worse, not better.

exactly what I heard many moons ago. If there’s no standard answer I’ll go ask the frame manufacturer.

Poopscoop

Parktool make a carbon friendly grease.

The big tug of Bel Ray marine grease I use is also certified as carbon safe.

jonnyboi

Both my Selle Italia Carbon posts came with a sachet of Copper grease that has lived in the tool box ever since, and never appears to run out.

My USE post came with the assembly friction compound.

bigyan
    Free Member

White Lightening Crystal Grease is carbon safe.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Anti-seize for alu seatpost in carbon’ is closed to new replies.