Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Alpkit Waterproof Mountain Bike Shorts – what they should turn to next
  • Mat

I’ve seen Alpkit are releasing waterproof trousers. As an avid Alpkit Fanboi it got me wondering, why don’t they have a crack at making some waterproof bike shorts? They seem to be keen to cater to niche british bike interests so surely it’s a good fit.

What do people think?

jimmy

Err, aye?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Ask them?

Mat

Ok, I might just do that, not sure what I wanted people to say, I just felt it needed sharing with the world…

Shackleton

Maybe the half-arsed / splashback ones instead? I use mine much more than my full waterproof ones.

Mat

ooh who makes those then shackleton?

scotroutes

Endura MT500 Spray

Mat

hmm yeah they seem like they’d be good for the not quite washout days, got a pair of superlites at the moment that are steadily shedding the inner white liner material, still keep the crap off and keep me drier though.

Northwind

Altura do a half-waterproof too but tbh I prefer my Attack full waterproofs- they’re a wee bit noisier than normal shorts but otherwise they’re pretty much just shorts, only waterproof. Love ’em.

Alpkit should make more epic jeanius jeans, I’d love to grab a couple more pairs.

Shackleton

I like the spray ones because, although I don’t often ride out in the train, wet trails are a regular feature. They also fit nicely! I find full waterproof shorts bit sweaty and only really effective in 3/4 lengths which then get uncomfortable when they wet out.

vondally
    Free Member

The waterproof tarp holdall they did and have now stopped.
    Pertex wind jacket with fleece inside with pit zips
    Waterproof with pit zips
    Longer length waterproof jacket not cut for use with harnesses.

beanum

I got a mailshot from Ground Effect yesterday mentioning these… Any good?

Ground Effect Helter Skelter rain pants

Mackem

Cut the trousers at the knee.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Alpkit Waterproof Mountain Bike Shorts – what they should turn to next’ is closed to new replies.