Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Aldi Ultrasonic cleaner
  • valleydaddy
    Free Member

would this be any good for part cleaning??

http://www.aldi.co.uk/uk/html/offers/special_buys3_17130.htm

I am thinking of getting one any reason not too??

Thanks

Pete

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Difficult to guage the size do you think a rear mech fit in it?
    Anyone else got one?

valleydaddy
    Free Member

don’t know, most definately in bits eg take cage/jockey wheels apart etc 😉

ken_shields
    Free Member

If it’s designed for cleaning jewellry then it won’t be very big so would be of limited use for bike bits. Also it’s unlikely to be able to cope with the level of cack found on most bike parts

tegski
    Free Member

Bought one a few weeks ago when they were on sale in Australia. Works well and my XT long cage goes inside – but it’s not quite deep enough so you have to turn over and do a second time.
    Oh and if you remember to clean the grease out…I’ve found it can be very useful in cleaning things like engagement rings to score major points…who’d have thought? 🙂
    (I also had a bit of a laugh – you guys get the cheap bike bits, but I bought mine for $24.95)

tegski
    Free Member

Clean off the major muck first as has been pointed out…then it gets all of the hard to clean inside dirt off.

xander
    Free Member

I have a Maplin one and use it for cassettes (broken down) and chains. Not super powerful, but with a bit of degreaser in it, it does a pretty good job. Also heats up the liquid – think this is a side effect rather than part of the design though! Put my commuter’s chain in it the other day, switched it on, and there was a very satisfying instant cloud of black gunk pouring off it, like silt being stirred up in a river!

Andituk
    Free Member

Ultrasonic cleaners are ace, but that one is very small.

allthepies
    Free Member

A big WTF and LOL from me 🙂

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got one and it’s not much cop. Not nearly powerful enough for most bikey crap. Dirty chains aren’t really touched.

I have access to a proper one at work, and that beats the crap (literally) out of bike bits. It’d murder jewellery, though. Hourses for courses etc.

Better get the real thing if your serious.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

ok fair enough comments, maybe I’ll pass but thought it maybe worth a punt as a smaller/cheaper option versus a proper parts washer from Machine Mart and the like.

doodlebug
    Free Member

Brought one of these last year and what a gadget !!

I use mine for around once every month, but only for chains.

Don’t think people realise, but the inner of the ultrasonic is stainless steal, so all year round i keep paraffin in it and every chain is like new after around a 15 min soak.

Sorry folks, but i can’t do without a ultrasonic now 😆

tommytowtruck

I got one a year or two back and find it good for chains, cassettes and other small parts – shove some white spirit in and they come up a treat.

toys19
    Free Member

lots of 2nd hand dental ones on ebay when I bought mine..

toys19
    Free Member

This is nice, but priceylinky

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Aldi Ultrasonic cleaner’ is closed to new replies.