Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Aldi performance rain jacket: Is it worth buying?
  • Bagstard
    Free Member

Obviously it is a budget jacket at £29.99, but does it compare favourably with similarly priced jackets from the bigger names?

muddy9mtb

go for it? if it fits and your riding style permits it then the worst that can happen is you boil in the bag. I’ve just bought a cheap trespass packaway jobby cos my expensive e’vent jacket was starting to wear from all the washing it gets after a muddy ride. the fit isn’t great but I intend to use it on days when there’s a chance of rain and don’t want to carry the bulkier jacket.
    https://www.trekwear.co.uk/mens_clothing/jackets/packaway_jackets/trespass_qikpac_packaway_waterproof_jacket.htm

Bagstard
    Free Member

That looks like a bargain!

muddy9mtb

and folds away into a small bag about 2 fists size

there are lots of small packable bike jackets that do that, but not as cheap as these at the minute?

scandal42
    Free Member

I have that Tresspass jacket, fit is a bit on the large size for me so I have never worn it but it looks to be of great quality.

MrSmith
    Free Member

It’s not exactly a cycling cut is it
    It’s cheap though.

muddy9mtb

not cycling specific and fit around the chest could fit 2 in, but cheap and easy to carry for those days it may get wet or threatens. constant washing/ cleaning of the expensive coat for a small amount of mud or mud on the back around the seat area (when not using mudguards) got me thinking I wont be to worried about wearing this one out 8). I’m not expecting miracles and hopefully won’t have to wear it all day in the rain. Did I mention it has a hood?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Aldi performance rain jacket: Is it worth buying?’ is closed to new replies.