Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Advice on mtb gloves with hard front
  • norcosix
    Free Member

hi there

I am just back from a trip to chatel that has resulted in 2 broken bones and one fractured bone in my left hand after i came off the bike and landed on the hand. this is the second time i have landed on the hand from a wipeout.

Does anyone know if ypu can buy thick gloves that may even have kevlar
    9or something similar) to provent this happening in the future as i will now be off the bike for bout 5 weeks to let it heal.

Any help would be great.

chilli
    Free Member

Ouch! fox unabomber or the POC ones have good knuckle protection. Hope that helps,heal quick. 🙂

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

+1 for unabomber for knuckle armour, but doubt it would prevent a broken bone and arent you more likely to have your palm hit something if you bail and put hand out to save yourself?

norcosix
    Free Member

cheers for that. al have a wee look. chatel was well worth the pain and it happened on the last day. 😥

norcosix
    Free Member

i see what you are saying. the bones broke just up from the knuckle and the fracture is just up from the break. the other break is the tip off my thumb. i doubt anything would stop them breaking however the whole thought of something possibly preventing it from happening sounds good enough for me. 😆

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

having done this on the first run of the pleney a couple of years ago i feel your pain (and I’m currently nursing a fractured elbow and torn tricep tendon from a stupid stack in wales, maybe i should take up something safer like shark juggling…)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Advice on mtb gloves with hard front’ is closed to new replies.