Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • 6 Takeaways From Red Bull Hardline Tasmania
  • stwhannah

The season’s Downhill racing has started. It’s official. What did you make of the new Tasmanian Red Bull Hardline event? Here are some takeaways from …

By stwhannah

Get the full story here:

6 Takeaways From Red Bull Hardline Tasmania

nickc

Agree with all that, it was interesting to see the comparison between the freeriders and the racers – who frankly made them look a bit pedestrian.

Tahnee’s commentary was pretty good, no? I think Rachel did H-L Wales a few years back and the insights that a current pro-racer can bring makes the whole thing much more interesting.

Also the event had my wife (doesn’t ride bikes) stop and stare at the telly in a “Holy shit, are they on push-bikes?” kinda way…She was hooked after watching just a couple of features.

davosaurusrex

Loved Tahnee’s commentary, great insight and funny as well, she’s a natural

mtbfix

It’s not about shopping? The winner mentioned the event sponsor repeatedly in his post run interview. Very professional of him. And very much about selling a product.

Good racing though and props to the ladies for getting on that start line.

ayjaydoubleyou

The winner mentioned the event sponsor repeatedly in his post run interview. Very professional of him. And very much about selling a product.

With Dunne you can totally believe he’s slugging multiple red bulls before dropping in, sort of like the Warboys from Fury Road. He’s got that sort of crazy wildman personality.

Rachel and Loic I remember in the past trying (and failing) to convince me that their race success is due to a sponsor correct sugar and caffine hit.

chakaping
    Free Member

Ronan has been vocal about his love for Red Bull for ages. If he wasn’t already in line for a Red Bull sponsorship, he surely must be now.

And possibly a Pepto Bismol sponsorship to help sort his guts out after drinking so much of it.

snotrag

Louise Ferguson – Hard as nails.

Her onboard POV run is amazing – absolutely smashing the ground into submission, shouting “I’m alright, I’m fine, honest!” at the marshalls who are giving it full rider down on the walkie-talkies, and carries on. Twice.

sharkattack

A nice reminder that mountain biking is about having fun, not shopping.

The winner mentioned the event sponsor repeatedly in his post run interview. Very professional of him. And very much about selling a product.

Don’t watch much racing then? It’s the continuation of a running joke about Ronan’s Red Bull consumption. He’s not even sponsored by them.

LAT

It’s not about shopping? The winner mentioned the event sponsor repeatedly in his post run interview

I think the point being made was that you don’t need to have the latest kit to have fun riding a bike, not that events can run without sponsors to cover the costs.

Teedertodder

Loved the build-up, the racing, the incredible competitors and of course the fantastic commentary.
    Feel Louise Ferguson should’ve won something for being such a legend tbh.

daviek

I can see some of the big teams stopping/trying to stop some of the riders take part in these events if they are at the start of the season or even half way through in case of injuries.

fix-the-spade
    Free Member

Bike thieves, they ain’t the brightest…

123decibels

Thanks for putting that together. What brave riders! My heart was in my mouth just watching Louise Ferguson’s run.

jamesfts
    Free Member

I can see some of the big teams stopping/trying to stop some of the riders take part in these events if they are at the start of the season or even half way through in case of injuries.

Yup, Bruni and Finn apparently wanted to race but Specialized stop it.

ready

Where was Kade? Isn’t he a RedBull rider? Would loved to have seen him smash this course!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.