Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • 3 things…
  • Nick_Christy
    Free Member

1, how many of you really ride in the rain. i got today off and im looking outside with a ticket for the lift but thinking its so wet and rainy do i want to go out in it! haha

2, i got a bike with 140mm front shocks. what kind of shocks could i look to go upto

3, whats Marzocci shocks like? and the difference between 180mm single crown and 180mm double crowns?

nick

GaryLake
    Free Member

1. I do.
    2. Probably not a lot, what bike is it? Deffo not 180mm if question 3 is anything to go by.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

its a merdia transmission 2010 fully with 140mm front and rear

akira

1. Rain can be fun.

2. What bike is it? Probably stick to 140mm or you may ruin the handling.

3. If you get a good pair then they are very good, 2010 seems to be a better year for them than last year.

wombat

1. Yes
    2. Depends on the frame
    3. Don't know

akira

Under no circumstances put 180mm forks on it, if you need 180mm forks then you are riding the wrong bike.
    You will damage the frame and it will feel horrible to ride, if you are doing big stuff then sell it and buy a more suitable bike.

warpcow
    Free Member

+1 what akira says about 180mm.

It might simply be worth looking at something stiffer and more controlled with 140-150mm instead. you could easily get a pike, rev. or vanilla on there and it would probably make a big difference to the suntour(?, i saw your pics last week) you have now.

Otherwise: yes I do ride in the rain, and haven't had a Marz. fork since a spaghetti-legged, 50mm XCR 'back in the day'.

Pook

what are you doing with the 140s once taken off? What are they?

glenp
    Free Member

How are 140mm forks not going to be enough?

It does rain sometimes when you go outdoors.

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

i like the sun so thats why i was asking…;)

i just bought a new bike so dont have the suntours no more. im impressed with it so far i just seen a super deal on a set of mazs so i thought about it thats all…

nick

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘3 things…’ is closed to new replies.