Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • 2nd degree burns, how long to heal?
  • skiprat
    Free Member

Got caught up in a bit of an explosion last week and have 2nd degree burns on my hand. Went to A&E to get patched up and they made a right good job of cleaning it up and stuff. Got more dressings to put on this week.

Just wondering that providing it doesn't get infected, roughly how long do burns take to heal?

This on top of carpel tunnel mean no riding for the last 7 weeks!!!!

tron
    Free Member

Got caught up in a bit of an explosion last week

And we wonder why foreignors think we're reserved.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Drilling rig? 😀

2nd degree? I had a 3rd degree burn on my thumb last month, took nearly 3 weeks to get its first decent coat of skin back (about the size of a 10p) and it's still a bit numb in the middle.

wwaswas

Got caught up in a bit of an explosion last week

best thread opening line for quite some time.

Taff
    Free Member

You can't leave it like that and where's the picture… or do we not want to know?!

skiprat
    Free Member

I'll get a pic up later, having a dressing changed tonight so should be fun.

Was bleeding from a couple of places the other day so we'll see how it is tonight!! I've quite literally got a "cracking" suntan on one hand!! 😆

Thanks for the info coffeeking.

Woody
    Free Member

About 3 weeks to heal but varies depending on area etc.

Bloody painful aren't they 😥

project
    Free Member

Keep the burn clean and dry.

skiprat
    Free Member

For those who asked

The dimpled pattern is from the special non stick dressing. Was numb last night when we cleaned it and re dressed it.

coffeeking
    Free Member

Thats fairly susbstantial burning! If it's numb hasn't it progressed to 3rd degree?

Keep the burn clean and dry.

I thought that was effectively the wrong way – you're meant to keep it clean and moist – it speeds up the healing and reduces scarring.

llama

Call that a burn?

10 years ago I had an 'incident' involving a gas canister. I was wearing shorts and no shoes at the time. My legs looked worse than that pic from toe to upper thigh. Half the skin on my foot was left hanging off. My left arm looked like that, apart from my hand which had more bits hanging off. That was 2 weeks in hospital, 2 weeks on crutches, but pretty much OK 2 weeks after that. They called it a scald, made it sound like I spilled a cup of tea.

skiprat
    Free Member

Theres always one that has to go one better isn't there llama!! 😉

Mine beats yours anyway as it was called a "burn" and not a "scald".

Will ask Coffeeking about the numbness next visit. Will need more dressings this week. Leaving the silicone netting on and just changing the fabric dressing on top of that for the next week or so.

Drac

Skiprat get that check over again it's looking a bit manky.

Scalds and burns are essentially the same, a scald is caused by wet heat.

nicolaisam
    Free Member

I had 2nd degree burns many years ago when i worked for a dockyard,It involved an oxy-acetylene torch and my leg. 😡

I had to go to the doctors every day for 2 weeks to have the dressing changed and for them to re-apply what seemed like Vaseline(it could have been) this kept the area from drying out.I have no scars at all.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘2nd degree burns, how long to heal?’ is closed to new replies.