• This topic has 101 replies, 46 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)
  • 2020 Films, NO SPOILERS PERMITTED
  • ElShalimo

What are you looking forward to?

Has anyone seen JoJo Rabbit or The Gentlemen yet?

northernmatt

Top Gun: Maverick and Ghostbusters Afterlife

Moe

Friend went to see JoJo last night and reported back that I have to see it, so we are this afternoon, I saw the trailer when my grand daughter and I went to see Le Mans 66 and decided then and there that I had to see it!

kynasf
    Free Member

Queen and Slim looks promising

sofaking
    Free Member

enjoyed jojo rabbit very much

TiRed

Went to see The Gentleman to avoid a party hosted at our house by Son2. It was not as bad as I expected, but it wasn’t great. At least I can say I’d been to Basildon House quite a few times. I wanted to see JoJo but alas I was over-ruled.

darthpunk
    Free Member

Dune

……if it’s anything like Villeneuve films so far

kimbers

Personally I am soooo excited about Dune, but that’s 11 months away!

Garth Franklin has started his excellent roundup of 2020s films

The Notable Films of 2020: 0-B

pocpoc
    Free Member

Not really 2020, but got dragged along to see Frozen 2 over christmas at our local Vue in york.
    Film was meh, but… to compete with the new Cineworld that’s opened they’ve replaced all seats with the premium recliners and kept the price at £5. It was the most comfortable i have ever been in a cinema!
    I can see a lot more cinema trips coming in 2020 because of it.

crazy-legs

The Vue in Manchester is the same, seats are <£5 most of the time.

Pick the films you go to see and the timings and you can have a cinema with only a few other people in it!

I want to see The Gentlemen. The trailers looked quite amusing. And obviously Top Gun and No Time to Die are the two big ones to look forward to.

wordnumb
    Free Member

Yeah, I was sat by myself in a Vue just before Christmas having paid a fiver. Brought my own drink and all. Was surprised when Motherless Brooklyn started as I was beginning to suspect I’d walked into the wrong screen.

shermer75
    Free Member

Loved JoJo Rabbit!

P-Jay
    Free Member

Looking forward to a Quiet Place 2 and Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.

doomanic

I wish my local Vue was £5…

DezB
    Free Member

The Lighthouse

not a lot else grabbing me as yet

BillOddie

Fast and Furious 9!!!

cheekyboy
    Free Member

Escape from Pretoria looks promising

rone

Little Women on the back end of 2019 really.

DezB
    Free Member

Fast and Furious 9!

Yep, lots of shite films on the way

theotherjonv

Jumanji 2; The Next Level

Was excellent, right up to the point where they went north into the snowy lands of Jurgen’s fortress and Karen Gillan put some clothes on.

slowoldman

The Personal History of David Copperfield.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I’m looking forward to the new Star Wars film “Don’t rub my lightsaber”

ElShalimo

No spoilers!!

Moe

Jojo was very good! Totally mad!

boomerlives
    Free Member

Loved Jojo, would have benefitted from more Hitler. Taika Waititi stole every scene he was in.

We also saw the trailer for David Copperfield; looks like someone is trying to make Dickens entertaining.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

+1 for Jojo.
    Looking forward to all the action crap to be released over the year.

rone

1917: Sam Mendes’ – World war 1 suicide mission to deliver orders that could save many lives at the front line

Technical tour-de-force with Deakin’s one-long-take cinematography. Brilliant Steadicam/gimbal/crane as we discover things at the same time as the leads. Amazing technical achievement.

Shoe-in on the Oscar.

Quiet moments good too. A fabulous section halfway through as night closes in. The lighting in that section is terrific.

I occasionally got dragged out into “is this a bit like Call of Duty?” But moments were strong and varied with enough emotional impact, and a suitable climax.

Worth the trip to the flix.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Very, very happy with the Jay and Silent Bob Reboot where they make the previous film again to stop Hollywood rebooting the film the went to Hollywood to stop it being made in the first film.
    And Shannon Elizabeth obvs.

athgray
    Free Member

Just seen Kermode review Uncut Gems with Adam Sandler. He was waxing lyrical about it and, Sandlers performance deserves Oscar nomination. Limited release now, but will be available on Netflix at the end of the month. I wouldn’t normally give Adam Sandler much heed, but I will look out for it based on this review and the trailer.

DezB
    Free Member

Just seen 1917. Rone about covers it. Superb air of tension all the way through.

Funny, one of the previews was the new Tom Hanks thing. Obviously Americans know who it’s about, but means nothing to us. You could hear people in the cinema going “WTF is that??” or words to that effect. Can’t believe it got a release over here.

zigzag69
    Free Member

Just back from seeing 1917. Technical masterpiece (surely a shoe-in for best cinematography Oscar), but pretty weak script. Still worth a trip.

Looking forward to Tenet and Dune.

choppersquad
    Free Member

Went to see The Gentlemen the other night and loved it. So much humour in it. Avoid if you don’t like the ‘C’ word. Not particularly high brow but guess that’s not really the point of the film. If you like Lock Stock or Snatch I’d say you’d definitely enjoy it.

belfastflyer
    Free Member

So far the only movie I’m interested in seeing is the man who killed don quixote.

Re 1917, I really wish the english could emotionally move in from WW1 and WW2 movies, but hey, they did vote for brexit.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Jojo Rabbit is terrific, phenomenal.

Queen and slim and some mercy trailers looked very good.

scott_mcavennie2
    Free Member

Thought 1917 was excellent. Couldn’t work out why they didn’t send a carrier pigeon though 😳

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Carrier pigeons are great for send back somewhere they know. Other than that they are pretty pants. (But tasty, eh Speckled Jim?)
    Not seen the film btw.

stanfree
    Free Member

Just back from seeing ‘The Gentlemen’, absolutely superb but cant decide who stole the show Hugh Grant or Colin Farrell. Easily Guy Ritchies best movie with the usual bucket loads of Twists and turns.

colournoise

Just back from Jojo Rabbit.

The most bewildering (in a VERY good way) film I’ve seen since Scott Pilgrim vs The World.

I’d be very happy in a world where every film was as odd, funny, serious, moving and unclassifiable as this. If there was any justice we’d be talking about awards for this in the same breaths as 1917, Joker, et al.

My top 5 films list might just have a strong new entry…

schrickvr6
    Free Member

I’ve been looking forward to Uncut Gems because of the Daniel Lopatin/Oneohtrix Point Never soundtrack but all the reviews say it’s superb, out on NetflIx Jan 31st.

DrJ

“Seberg” for me. Unfortunately not on at the local Vue where I can get cheap tickets, so it will be a 2nd mortgage job in central London.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 102 total)

The topic ‘2020 Films, NO SPOILERS PERMITTED’ is closed to new replies.