Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • 2006 – v- much newer forks – huge differences in 'ride'?
  • marsdenman
    Free Member

My 2006 vintage fox f100rl (not used that much TBH) will be subject to more use these coming months…
    As far as I can tell they’re working fine but, i’m wondering if a service will see them work ‘better’ – possibly tweaked for my weight – 16+ stone in full kit?
    However, if it comes to receiving a call from the service place saying ‘new stancions etc’ required then the bill will likely go well beyond what i’d deem sensible to pay out.

So, send for service or, keep the cash in the bank, run ’em til they die’ then invest in new?

(I really would like to try 120mm forks on my current bike and, as and when I change the frame i’mm 99% sure it will be for something that takes 120mm) – hence I have to be honest about having half an eye on the Reba Team U-Turn, 2010 model, on Merlin…. @ just over £300 with their current discount..)

xiphon
    Free Member

2005 36s over here – personlly don’t notice much difference between them, and the shiny new ones. Well… not enough to justify the price tag anway.

julians
    Free Member

I went from 2005 Fox 36r’s to 2011 Fox 36rlc’s, and there is a noticeable improvement in damping , but whether its worth it or not is up to you.

chakaping
    Free Member

Reba Teams have brilliant damping, definitely better than your Fox.

Not that I’m trying to encourage you to spend your money or anything.

😉

play
    Free Member

I upgraded for slightly more travel but got a maxle as well. The maxle makes a lot of difference. Run ’em till they die.

marsdenman
    Free Member

Cheers all!
    chakaping – figured the reba would certainly offer something ‘more’ especially in terms of the U-Turn but it think brother play has it right – keep riding and, as and when the time comes go to 15 or 20mm axle as well 🙂

hora
    Free Member

My open bath 2009 36 floats were amazing. Really basic internally aren’t they? No compression adjust. Suited me. My Lyriks with high/low compression adjust etc etc- I STILL can’t get my head round them.

OP- I’d get yours serviced and possibly get them extended 20mm – bet they can? Ask TF or Mojo.

Bang Tidy.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘2006 – v- much newer forks – huge differences in 'ride'?’ is closed to new replies.