Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • 17 year old Matthew Fairbrother rides 1500km between EWS races
  • amandawishart

17 Year old Matthew Fairbrother is an enduro racer destined for great things, and he’s certainly putting the work in to achieve them. Deviate sponsore …

By amandawishart

Get the full story on our front page at:

17 year old Matthew Fairbrother rides 1500km between EWS races

Support us from less than £0.06/day and help us keep the content flowing by becoming a full member.

brakestoomuch

Blimey, guv, that is impressive.

weeksy

yeah he was intereviewed after Fort William on Wyn TV and asked if he was going Leogang, replied with, “yeah i’m cycling over there tomorrow”…. Wyn looked bemused 😀

Trimix
    Free Member

Flipping heck – he will wear himself out however and die in the race.

barney
    Free Member

Can I just point out that he did all this with NO CHAMOIS?! Dear god, that’s a level of commitment to pain I can’t even contemplate.

justinbieber

Only 80% hike-a-bike? I’d say that’s a bit on the low side 😆

barney
    Free Member

OK, 80% hike-a-bike, 92% misery. 😘

charliedontsurf

nowt cooler than riding all the way to a race. It also gives you a good excuse for a poor result… which I find rather handy.

tomhoward

‘Nah, I’ll not try and squeeze in another practice lap, I’ll save my energy for the race’

– Tom Howard, 2 days ago, towards the end of practice on a 1 min and lower race course.

hot_fiat

What an outstanding effort. I’ve driven most of that route many, many times. It’s certainly not at all flat & must have been a right chore (the thought of the bit between Cologne, Frankfurt and Augsburg gives me the shivers).

kimbers

as i walked up the stairs before reading this, I was just thinking how stiff my thighs were after having had to sprint the 7km cycle to work yesterday after a puncture….

nidderdalenath

Wow, he’s harder than woodpecker lips

matt_outandabout

Please can he pop a lap in with the bags in place – as coool as…

bruneep

Go Fund me page. still think he’s bonkers
    https://www.gofundme.com/f/matthew-fairbrother

weeksy

Hi guys,
    Many thanks for the absolutely unbelievable support so far.

Matthew is totally humbled by all the messages of support and for the donations from so many of you. He’s getting prepared to race in Val di Fassa this weekend and although he is understandably fairly fatigued, he’s feeling strong.

I can now confirm that Matthew has race entries for the EWS rounds in North America. We are arranging flights (paid for by Deviate Cycles) and we’ve arranged accommodation near Whistler with friends. Additionally, if everything goes to plan Matthew will be riding our brand new Deviate Claymore enduro bike in time for the North American rounds.

The support you’ve all so kindly lent is going to change the entire situation for Matthew. He is still planning to ride between Burke and Sugarloaf (riding from Whistler to Burke in a week is a bit far, even for Matthew) and he’s now in a position to enjoy some decent meals and a comfy bed every so often!

Again, many thanks.
    Ben and Matthew

matt_outandabout

😁

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.