Home Forums Bike Forum 17 x 32 x 8 bearing

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 17 x 32 x 8 bearing
  • rmacattack
    Free Member

having little trouble sourcing this bearing size. anybody else got a hope pro 3 sp am4 rear hub and ever done the bearings? were did you get them from? thanks

shedfull
    Free Member

Any reason why you wouldn’t just get Hope ones from a dealer, other than their £10 cost[/url]?

Onzadog
    Free Member

Simply bearings list in that size but only open or metal shields. They don’t list rubber seals. I’d just stick with the hope ones myself.

Just had a look at the tech docs on the Hope web site. You’ll notice that standard bearings are listed by code. They list non standard bearings by size. You need to get the Hope ones

coatesy
    Free Member

It’s a 6903-2RS, Hope’s are stainless, but normal ones should be available from most bearing suppliers.

cp

It’s not 6903 – that’s a 17x30x7

coatesy
    Free Member

Strange, that’s what came up on simply bearings site.

rmacattack
    Free Member

didnt know any hope dealers here other than crc,and they dont show on their website.. thanks for the link

househusband

IIRC A few of Hope’s bearings are non-standard sizes – they have theirs custom made by INA. Quality bearings, though.

cp

Ahah, got to the bottom of it –

6903 is 17x30x7

6903A is 17x32x8

But as above, you need the -2RS version which includes seals, which very few places seem to do. Looks like you need a decent local bearing supplier, or just get straight from Hope.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Noticed that, wonder would it be possible to put the old seals into the new bearings? I’ll try a few local places on Monday to see as buying from free flow comes to 27 quid for the two

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

No – bearings without seals do not have the grooves for the seals

A black mark for hope not using easily available bearings. a part of their appeal is the availablity of spares.

rmacattack
    Free Member

Pro2 s were my first choice, but everytime a set came up here I was always to late. Bought a set of the am4 when they appeared out of haste not realising rotors are hard to get and same for rear bearings. As the ad said bearings were good I bought them, as soon as I fitted there was play.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘17 x 32 x 8 bearing’ is closed to new replies.