Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • 160mm forks on a SC Blur LT?
  • agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Has anyone put Lyrics or something similar on a LT2? SC’s spec says the bike is designed for 140mm to 160mm forks, but you rarely see them with anything other than Pikes or Revs.

I bought my Blur LT as one bike to do everything, but now wondering if some longer forks would slacken things up nicely for times when I’m riding more serious stuff.

One things that puts me off if that I find the front wheel lifts a bit when climbing, more than I would have expected from a trail bike. An extra 20mm and a degree of the head tube angle isnt going to help with this.

Quick and easy on the fly travel adjust would obviously be useful, to put things back to 140mm or shorter mode.

MrNutt
    Free Member

Wotans? are they lighter than Marzocchi’s, probably?

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Wotans nearly 1lb heavier than air lyrics. I’m not weight obsessed, but that’s a fair old increase

sq225917
    Free Member

Mine skips like buggery and that’s with Pace rc41’s on, and they ain’t exactly tall.

SimonD
    Free Member

Ive got 140mm TALAS which I drop for uphill – if I dont the front has tendency to wriggle about.. 160mm would make the bike pretty tall but I guess it depends what your looking to do. If its DH or similar then perhaps you want 160mm, if your looking to do something more XC then 160mm is toooo big.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Thanks, what I thought. Mainly xc use, though I intended the bike to be Apline-capable too. Maybe some heavier 160mm forks wound down to 130 or 140 will help with the climbing issue?

sq225917
    Free Member

160 with travel adjust sounds good, you’ll need the drop for uphill.

SimonD
    Free Member

Ive run my bike in the Alps with 140mm & its been plenty – personally I wouldnt bother with 160mm, 140 seems to be plenty unless your a big lad or a hard hitter.

Blurboy
    Free Member

Got a Talas 100 – 140mm on mine – more than enough. Normally use 120mm for fast singletrack like Thetford.

jeb
    Free Member

Hello

I run my Blur LT(2006) with a pike, and a ventana crown spacer, that raises it another 7mm, so i am 147mm, and i have been thinking the lyrik, would be a really good and fun fork, but ofcourse, you have to use it….
    I ride very technically singletrack, and that would could justify a lyrik, but if you dont, i would look elsewhere.

AJ
    Free Member

i Heard that the guy from SC run their lt2’s with 160 forks and zero stack headsets to keep the front end in check.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

thanks – not a big lad or particularly hard hitter, other than 2 or 3 weeks of the year abroad.

But still curious why SC stress the 160mm option and sell the bike with Revs as standard?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘160mm forks on a SC Blur LT?’ is closed to new replies.