Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • 1 year old Orange Seal Endurance sealant + massive thorn… did I die?
  • ta11pau1

Out for a post work ride this afternoon and I get a massive thorn with attached branch stuck in my front tyre. It’s a big one, the size of a small nail. The first puncture I’ve had since going tubeless.

I fitted my front Maxxis DHF 2.5WT a year and a week ago, and put this stuff in it…

I’ve not topped it up, or done a single thing to the tyre since.

So, on pulling out the thorn, did I die? Or did I have to walk the 7 or so miles back home?

Nope. A spray of sealant a good foot high came belting out the tyre, I spun it and whacked it on the floor and spun it a few times, and it sealed!

They say the sealant lasts for up to 120 days, I dispute that fact. 372 days more like!!!

Top marks to Orange seal endurance!

seadog101

Cool, just started using this as local bike shop recommended it.

Now I will not die…

stanfree
    Free Member

I think its the best Ive used as well. Never fails.

johnw1984
    Free Member

I went back to Stans after I had the opposite experience 🙁

Checked a tyre after a few weeks and there was nothing left but a dry coating inside the tyre. Went through a fairly big jug of the stuff in a couple of months.

Wonder if it was the room being fairly warm where the bikes are stored?

ta11pau1

Could be, mine is stored in a metal garage and it obviously gets cold in there over winter, and in summer it will have been well over 30 degrees at times.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘1 year old Orange Seal Endurance sealant + massive thorn… did I die?’ is closed to new replies.