The Vitus Rapide FS CRX mountain bike is a full carbon race-spec bike designed for today’s cross-country courses.
XC is no longer simply cyclocross with the volume turned up. With downhill lines and rock gardens more akin to Enduro and route profiles so toothy that you’ll feel a pang of lactic burn simply looking at the course map, the Rapide FS packages up razor-sharp efficiency and trail-capability in an impressively lightweight full-suspension carbon build.Vitus Bikes
If you’ve ridden a modern XC course, you’ll appreciate the need for some frame travel. Whether it be a short course or an endurance event, the terrain is rough, the features are challenging, and the climbs are technical. The Vitus Rapide FS uses the same four-bar suspension as the rest of the Vitus mountain bike range for added control over pedal bob, comfort, and continued performance under braking.
Frame travel is brought by a RockShox SIDLuxe Select+ with remote lock-out, for sprinting up those climbs.
Up front we have 100mm travel RockShox SID SL Ultimate 29” forks with Charger Race Day Damper. again featuring a remote lock-out.
Reynolds TR 309/289 XC Carbon Wheelset with Reynolds TR hubs offer 36 points of engagement. These arrive tubeless ready.
Maxxis Rekon Race 29 x 2.25 front and rear will be great for some courses, and terrifying for others.
We’ve weighed our medium sized Vitus Rapide FS CRX. It comes in at 11.7kg, but we haven’t got around the setting it up tubeless yet.
There are two builds available. This Rapide FS CRX is £3,999.99, and the Rapide FS CRS is £2,799.99 with the most notable changes in spec being the Shimano SLX groupset, DT Swiss wheelset, and the SID SL Select.
Vitus Rapide FS CRX Specifications:
- Frame // Rapide FS UD Carbon Full Suspension Frame
- Fork // RockShox SID SL Ultimate 29”
- Shock // RockShox SIDLuxe Select+
- Wheelset // Reynolds TR 309/289 XC Carbon Wheelset
- Front Rim // Reynolds TR 309 XC Carbon 29″, 30mm Inner Rim Width, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready
- Rear Rim // Reynolds TR 289 XC Carbon 29″, 28mm Inner Rim Width, Presta Valve, Tubeless Ready
- Hubs // Reynolds TR MTN
- Tyres // Maxxis Rekon Race, 29″ x 2.25″, EXO casing . Front and back,
- Chainset // Shimano XT M8100
- BB // Shimano BB52, Threaded
- Brakes // Shimano XT M8100
- Rotors // Shimano RT76 180mm Front & Rear
- Handlebars // Ritchey WCS Flat Bar 6061 Alloy, 5mm rise, 9° back sweep, S: 720mm wide, M: 740mm, L & XL: 760mm wide
- Stem // Ritchey WCS C220 84D S: 70mm, M:80mm, L:90mm, XL: 100mm, 31.8mm Handlebar Clamp Diameter, +/-6° Rise
- Shifters // Shimano XTR M9100 12 Speed, Rapidfire Plus
- Cassette // Shimano XT M8100 12 Speed, 10-51T Range
- Chain // Shimano XT M8100
- Mech // Shimano XTR M9100 12 Speed
- Headset // Acros AZX-212-CO R5
- Grips // Vitus Lock On
- Saddle // WTB SL8 Comp
- Seatpost // Ritchey WCS Zero, 31.6mm x 400mm
- Seatclamp // Vitus 34.9mm Diameter
Subscribe to Our Newsletter
Just by signing up you are supporting Singletrack World
Join our mailing list to receive Singletrack editorial wisdom directly in your inbox.
Each newsletter is headed up by an exclusive editorial from our team and includes stories and news you don’t want to miss.
While you’re here…
Try Singletrack digital membership for only 99p for the first month.
Or only £2.99 with a copy of the latest Singletrack magazine, worth £10.