Sitting between the Santa Cruz Highball and the Juliana Joplin in the range of XC to short-travel trail bikes, the Juliana Wilder is an XC-Trail lightweight race bike.
The Juliana Wilder comes in one colour option, Purple Sweetness and Lavender… Or Palma Violet if you ask me. The usual attention to detail you get from a Juliana is included, with chainstay protection, bashguard, neat internal cable routing and plenty of tyre clearance if you fancy upgrading to something chunkier.
The Juliana Wilder frame is the women’s specific version of the Santa Cruz Blur. With the Blur, there are some very XC builds available. The Wilder range features TR builds throughout. This Juliana Wilder Carbon CC XO1 AXS TR Reserve kit is quite the mouthful, but also quite the build! With FOX 34 Step-Cast Factory 120mm forks and a FOX Float Factory DPS shock producing 115mm of travel, it’s slightly more capable than its XC brother.
Juliana Wilder: A Closer Look
Quick easy shifting is key for XC racers, so the SRAM X01 Eagle AXS is a luxury addition that won’t let you down mid-race. A 10-50T cassette paired with a 34t front ring offers a great range for climbing and cranking down descents.
Being built for trail riding, the Juliana Wilder TR builds don’t feature a remote lockout, meaning these ESI Chunky grips can be specced for comfort and lightweight grip. Great in dry weather without gloves, surprisingly durable and the bar ends can take some real hits without cracking or popping out.
Santa Cruz Reserve 28 XC 29in Carbon rims come at a price, but you get maximum strength for a lightweight carbon wheel, with a no-nonsense warranty if you do manage to break them. Rekon Race 29×2.4in tyres front and rear give slightly more confidence than the Aspen tyres specced on the full-XC Blur models, but you might want a bit more bite in the wet.
It wouldn’t be trail-ready if it didn’t feature a dropper post. The RockShox Reverb Stealth comes with a 150mm drop on the medium frame.
Juliana Wilder Carbon CC X01 AXS TR Reserve Kit Specification:
- Fork // FOX 34 Step Cast Factory, 120mm
- Shock // FOX Float Factory DPS
- Rear Derailleur // SRAM X01 Eagle AXS, 12spd
- Shifter // SRAM GX AXS Shifter
- Crankset // SRAM X1 Eagle Carbon 148 DUB 34t
- Cassette // SRAM XG1295 Eagle, 12spd, 10-50t
- Chain // SRAM X01 Eagle, 12spd
- Brakes // SRAM Level TLM
- Rotors // SRAM CLX Centerlock Rotors, 180mm
- Handlebars // Santa Cruz Bicycles Carbon Flat Bar
- Stem // Syntace LiteForce
- Grips // ESI Chunky Grips
- Headset // Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Seatpost // RockShox Reverb Stealth, 31.6
- Saddle // Juliana Segundo Saddle
- Tyres // Maxxis Rekon Race, 29″x2.4WT, 3C, EXO Front & Rear
- Front Hub // DT Swiss
- Rear Hub // DT Swiss
- Rims // Santa Cruz Reserve 28 XC 29″ Carbon Rims
- Price as built // £8,299.00 from stifmtb.com
Sign up as a Singletrack Member and you can leave comments on stories, use the classified ads, and post in our forums.
Join us, join in, it’s free, and fun.