- Name: Lachlan Blair
- Height: 175cm
- Weight: 78kg
Lachlan Blair is one of the fastest young riders of the newly reformed Orange Factory Racing Team. For this season he is racing a team spec Orange Stage 6 and in this bike check we’ll be seeing what makes it tick!
Image credit: @andylloyder
- Frame // Orange Stage 6, Medium, Smoke White
- Fork // Formula Selva C, 160mm travel
- Shock // Formula Mod Shock
- Chain Device // E13 TRS + Taco
- BB // E13
- Chainset // E13 TRS+, 170mm with 32t chainring
- Rear Mech // Shimano XT
- Shifter // Shimano XT
- Chain // KMC
- Cassette // E13 Helix R 12-speed, 9-50t
- Wheeset // E13 LG1 Enduro, alloy, 30mm, 29in
- Tyres // Michelin Wild Enduro Competition, 29 x 2.4
- Brakes // Formula Cura 4, 203mm discs front and rear
- Seat post // SDG Tellis 170mm
- Seat clamp // Strange 34.9mm
- Stem // Burgtec Enduro Mk3, 50mm
- Saddle // SDG Bel Air 3
- Handlebar // Burgtec Carbon Enduro Ride Wide, 750mm, 30mm rise
- Grips // Burgtec Bartender
- Pedals // Crankbrother Mallet DH
- Mudguard // Rockguardz PG450
- Tools // Granite Design Stash tire repair and chain repair kit + Stash Multi-tool
Sure this team spec bike looks great, but how does it ride? Check it out in action in the Orange Factory Racing official team video below;
Use code HELLO54 when you join us as a print or digital member and your membership will be half price for the first year.
The Print+ membership where Singletrack magazine drops through your door, plus full digital access, is normally £45, now only £22.50 with the code. And a digital membership where you can read all the digital magazines is normally £25, and now £12.50 with the code.
Simply use code HELLO54 at checkout.
(New annually renewing membership only. Excludes Gift Memberships, Discount applies to first year. Cannot be used in conjunction with other offers, or when switching memberships)
An appropriate backdrop…
There’s still something about Orange’s that appeal to me.
very good that. deep down i long for a orange too.
I have been on mates, they do really well downhill. Just never climbed one. Anyone have any climb time on it?
I bought an Orange Stage 5. I demoed one expecting it to poor due to all the forum comments.
However it was great fun on the descents. Climbed well and surprisingly light compared to how it looked. With big 36 fox forks it came in at 14kg with pedals.
Climbs well. I use mine as a trail bike and as a one bike to fo it all it’s great. On Forest of Dean launch pad it was amazing. Very confidence inspiring. No weird foibles. Front end grip is nuts. Jumps well, and it’s a lively fun bike. Always fancied one and glad I got one.
Are we going to pretend that massive stack of spacers for a 1.75m rider isn’t happening?
mashr – Yep that was my thought. Maybe Lachlan likes a crazy high bar height. If he doesn’t then all those spacers, a high rise bar and a 50mm stem mean that the stack and the reach needs to be longer. Extend the headtube, top tube and down tube a bit and you end up with the same bar position with less spacers, a shorter stem and a lower rise bar. Whether that’s better or not is debatable.