Supplied with quickloop + carabiner.
Pivot reveals its latest updates to its steel dirt jump bike, the Pivot Point. Are you rad enough? Who cares, come get your fix of fun, sun, blue skies and red dirt.
It seems like everyone is getting in on the dirt jump act these days – mountain bike pros, racers and influencers can all be found jibbing and whipping off kickers and booters. Or something like that. Whether its that it makes for a great YouTube clip, or it’s relatively easy to find a spot for a few jumps compared to a hillside for a full trail, the modern world of mountain biking seems to have plenty of overlap with the dirt jump scene. The Pivot Point has been given an update to bring it up to date with these modern demands.
Here’s the marketing, are you ready to be inspired/feel inadequate?
The Fulcrum of Radness
With guns-of-literal-steel, the Point reigns supreme over jump lines, urban bowls, and pump tracks. From pump track groms to the jaw dropping gymnastics of the pros, riders around the globe crave the ultimate beauty and time-tested feel of double-butted 4130 chromoly steel. Ultra-modern dirt jump geometry manuals on command and takes flight effortlessly. This is the Pivot Point; the fulcrum of radness. Whether singlespeed or geared, the Point is the wherever, whenever complete bicycle for every rider.Pivot Cycles
The Point has had a few geometry tweaks – reach for stability, short chainstays for ‘snap and acceleration’, and adjustable chainstays for flexiblity. You can run it with gears, or as a singlespeed. It’s designed for a 100mm or 120mm fork, but you could go up to 130mm if you wanted.
When it came to the frame of the Point, steel was the obvious choice,there is a bit of magic in the “feel of steel” and it is incredibly tough. That matters with a bike like this. Our goal was to build a bike that would perform well for everyone, pros and everyday riders alike, and to ensure it performs at a very high level, but is also tough and versatile enough to meet all their needs.Chris Cocalis, CEO and founder of Pivot.
Pivot Point Features
- Double Butted 4130 Chromoly delivers the finest “feel of steel”
- Ultra-Modern park geometry features long reach and ultra-short chainstays
- Dropouts on the frame only option come with a derailleur hanger to run geared or singlespeed
- Cable routing for geared or singlespeed builds
- Easy chain tension adjustment system with chainstay adjustment range of 385 mm – 400 mm
- Available as a one-size-fits-most frame or complete bike
- £1500 complete bike
Pivot Point Specifcation
- Frame Pivot Point – Steel SS Dropouts
- Fork Manitou Circus 34 Expert – 100 mm
- Headset Phoenix Precision Sealed Integrated Cartridge
- Rear Brake SRAM Level
- Rear Brake Rotor SRAM G2 6-bolt – 160mm
- Sprocket – Singlespeed 16t
- Chain KMC Z1eHX Singlespeed
- Crank Set Two-piece crank arms with integrated 24mm axle – 28t
- Wheels ALEX FR30 Double Wall Rim | Novatec S-Team Hubs – 26” – 15×110 F/10×135 R Maxxis Holy Roller 26″ x 2.2″
- Tyre Front Maxxis Holy Roller 26″ x 2.2″
- Tyre Rear Maxxis Freeride 26″ x 2.2″/2.5 Presta
- Handlebar Spank Spoon 785 – 40 mm rise
- Stem Spank Spoon – 33mm
- Grips Phoenix Factory Lock-On
- Saddle Phoenix DJ Saddle
- Seat Post Phoenix DJ Direct Mount Aluminum 27.2 – 150mm
Tempted? There will be a limited supply of complete bikes available via UK distributors Upgrade Bikes. Maybe a new toy and a trip to Redhill Extreme is in order?
Singletrack Sponsored Features
Featured Premier Partner
Meanwhile, in the forum..
If you like what we do - if you like our independence then the best way to support us is by joining us. Every penny of your membership goes back into Singletrack to pay the bills and the wages of the people who work here. No shareholders to pay, just the people who create the content you love to read and watch.