Intend releases the Blackline Ebonite fork for riders wanting Intend’s quality and performance in a non-inverted form.
Intend makes some of the most flashy kit on the planet, and among those beautifully crafted components is a range of USD suspension forks. Now, a USD or inverted fork actually offers plenty of benefits over a conventional fork, but regardless of how good they might be, most consumers just want something that looks ‘normal’.
So Intend took what they learned and designed an all-new telescopic fork that would appeal to the masses, well as long as the masses are prepared to pay that is.
The Blackline Ebonite fork is designed for anything from mild trail riding all the way to full-on freeride lines. The fork produces from 140-180mm of travel and riders get all the parts they need to internally adjust travel with their purchase.
As well as travel adjustments, the Ebonite has externally adjustable high and low-speed compression and rebound, while the spring comprises of a positive and negative air chamber.
You can probably already tell from the images that the Blackline Ebonite fork is a quality piece of engineering. The chassis is made from 7075 aluminium, and all the bolts used are high-strength stainless steel items. For ease of service Intend use SKF seals and for a friction-free feel, a Royal Flush Coating is used “for extreme sensitivity”.
Intend will only offer the Ebonite in black, it will only be available for 29in wheels and you’ll want to save €1659 but buy one. For more details visit the Blackline website here.
Intend Blackline Ebonite Specifications
- 29in wheel size only, no 27,5in version
- Weight 2280g
- Black, no other colours, the silver forks are limited to team rider
- Travel 180-140mm (all necessary parts for later converting are in the package)
- Air sprung, adjustable progression with 3in1 volume spacer
- Oil damped, adjustable in Lowspeedcompression and -rebound
- 110x15mm Boost axle
- 44mm Offset
- Brake mount: 180mm
- Max rotor size: 223mm
- ATC: 592mm @ 180mm…
- Steerer length: 215mm (longer on request)
- Royal Flush Coating for extreme sensitivity
- SKF seals D35 without collar
- Price: 1659 Euro incl. VAT