If you’re a Garmin user you’ll be happy to hear that komoot has recently updated it’s mountain bike friendly Garmin app to make even better.
Komoot is a clever app that helps you to discover new trails or create new loops with a simple to use interface. The komoot app is available on all types of mobile device, it can be used through your desktop and even directly on your Garmin. Riders who already have the previous komoot app on their Garmin may want to update it to the latest version with all sorts of new and useful features.
Komoot has provided all the details of the update in the press release below, you could read it or you could download it here and start playing with it right away.
Press Release Komoot releases new improved Garmin app
Komoot, the world’s leading route planning, and navigation app, now brings additional value to its users who track their rides and hikes with Garmin devices. The new app is available for 40 Garmin devices including all Connect IQ supported EDGE cycling computers (520, 530, 820, 830, 1000, 1030**), all watches including Fenix 5 and newer (except Vivoactive 3), the Oregon 7 series and Gpsmap 66*.
This major update provides users with the familiar Komoot experience, on their Garmin devices:
- Tours that have been planned in komoot are easier to find on Garmin devices thanks to additional filtering (by date, location, distance, and sport)
- Highlights that have been recommended or bookmarked on komoot are now easier to find on Garmin devices too, thanks to the same easy filtering
- Highlights can be navigated to directly from within the Garmin device
- Bookmarked komoot Collections can be viewed directly from within the Garmin device, and users can directly navigate tours in those Collections, or navigate directly to a highlight
- Once the Garmin is offline, downloaded Tours and Highlights can be directly navigated
In short, this means your komoot profile content is synced across platforms: See the same details whether looking at komoot on your desktop, in the app on your phone, or on a Garmin device.
*information about what Garmin devices support the Komoot app can be found here.
The new app can be downloaded here on the Garmin Connect IQ store.
More information on how to use the app can be found on this Komoot FAQ page
Screenshots and images are available here.
Try Singletrack digital membership for only 99p for the first month.
Or only £2.99 with a copy of the latest Singletrack magazine, worth £10.