Mondraker has just announced the new ‘Super Foxy’, a bigger travel version of the Foxy Carbon 29.
With 29in wheels, 170mm forks and either a coil or large volume air shock giving 160mm of rear travel, you get 10mm more travel front and rear over the Foxy Carbon. This adds up to a bike which the marketing says is for ‘those riders looking for the most aggressive and hardcore riding, always pushing the boundaries and looking for the gnarliest trails and bigger jumps.’
Hmm…(scans office for protective foam and plastic, full face helmet, Googles ‘gnarliest trails with free healthcare’)…
The marketing continues:
Become a Super Rider
These two Super Foxy Carbon models also spec powerful SRAM Code brakes with 200 mm rotors front and rear, new 12-speed Shimano Deore XT on the Super Foxy R, XTR on the SuperFoxy RR with Race Face cranksets and custom DT-Swiss wheelsets paired with Maxxis Minion DHF 2.5 Wide Trail front and DHR 2.4 Wide Trail rear tires. From now on you will have no excuses to ride down that sketchy trail, to jump that gap or simply getting dropped back following your fast riding buddies. Super Foxy will improve your riding skills and will make you a faster Super Enduro rider, guaranteed.
Guaranteed Super Enduro rider status? We’re in. Take us to the sketchy trails.
Pricing and Availability
There are two models, both of which will be in dealers by the end of August:
- Super Foxy Carbon R
- in white/petrol/FOX Orange
- Super Foxy Carbon RR
- in deep blue/light blue/flame red
For a list of UK dealers, check out the UK distributor, Silverfish.
OK, while we dream of Super Enduro status, here’s some shredding. Clue: it’s not one of us. Though we’d be happy to try out those trails. And the bike.
Super Foxy Carbon 29 Features
- Stealth air carbon technology
- Mondraker 29” forward geometry
- New zero 160 mm kinematics ideal for high volume air and coil shocks
- Reinforced rear triangle with adjustable chainstay length
- Full carbon monoblock trunnion upper link
- Adjustable geometry: +/-1° head angle, +/-10 mm chainstay length
- Shorter (44mm) fork offsets
- 1×12 drivetrain specific design
- HHG internal cable routing: hidden housing guide
- Oversized pivot thru axles and enduro max bearings
- Superboost rear hub spacing – 12×157 mm r & 15×110 mm f
- New silent chainstay custom made rubber protector
- ISCG05/ bb73 threaded bottom bracket/ tapered headtube/post mount rear brake caliper
- Claimed Weights:
- Super Foxy Carbon RR : 14,400 kg (31,74 lbs.)
- Super Foxy Carbon R: 14,400 kg (31,74 lbs.)