Due to her suffering from pregnancy and having recently moved to Majorca, our amazing head mag designer Jorji is slipping into a more flexible freelance role in the coming months. This means we have a vacancy here in the actual office for a graphic designer to help continue the amazing work that Jorji has started with our recent magazine redesign. So, if you have experience of laying out magazines and turning simple words and pictures into gorgeous printed content then this could be the job for you.
Here’s the job ad in full for you to read and share.
Graphic Designer Wanted
Based in West Yorkshire
We are looking for a graphic designer to carry on the amazing work started by our current designer who is stepping down to start a family.
You will be responsible for designing each issue of Singletrack magazine using Adobe Creative Cloud tools and ensuring it meets strict print deadlines. You will also be expected to have an influential hand in the design and printing of our second title Grit.cx. In total you will be expected to see a total of 12 issues a year through from design to final print-ready copy. In addition you will be responsible for the day-to-day design work that is required from a very busy and prestigious bike magazine, from marketing/advertising to merchandise design.
Your organisational skills must be honed well, as must your passion for riding bikes – we think you need to love the subject matter before you can put your heart and soul into the design.
You should have a love, and preferably knowledge of, good mountain bike photography and the photographers that help make our sport look as inspirational as it does.
As with all media publishing you should be very familiar with other channels of content distribution from tablets to desktops and you should be prepared and knowledgeable in the design requirements of all the current digital channels. Basic web design skills will be a great advantage too.
You will be fully engaged with social media on a personal level and be aware of the social media requirements of a media company.
On a day to day basis you will work alongside our existing Editorial staff, our remote freelance design team and a wide network of freelance and volunteer writers, photographers and videographers. A team player is a must.
Working at Singletrack is a unique experience. You will be joining a small, dynamic and committed team with a good spread of perks, bonuses and a range of other opportunities that will reach beyond the core job description.
Some specifics for you to tick off…
- Experienced in magazine design and production using Adobe Creative Cloud tools, in particular InDesign, Lightroom and Photoshop.
- A familiarity with the UK Bike Industry that extends to an existing list of contacts both within the bike industry and freelance contributors.
- You must be prepared to work on a daily basis in the Singletrack office, which may well require a move to the area (West Yorkshire). As well as assorted location work, odd weekend events and bike shows as needed.
Some things that will make you stand out…
- Video editing skills along with video graphic design skills.
- Be familiar with SLR cameras and know how to use one in a studio as well as how to get the best possible images while out on the moors in horizontal sleet.
If you’ve got this far and you are still interested to find out more then drop an email to email@example.com and lets set up a preliminary visit to the office for a chat.