• This topic has 45 replies, 29 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by igm.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)
  • Your predictions for Murray v Federer
  • Harry_the_Spider

Mr Potato Head in 4 sets with Murray losing the last 6-2. Then my wife will lose interest and we can go out for the day on Sunday.

martinhutch

Murray loses first two sets, bravely fights back in the third, goes down 6-3 in the fourth. Followed by lots of original comments about how Scottish he is now.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Federer is playing some beautiful tennis in this tournament (he nearly always does) but he hasn’t had a serious test yet. Arguably, neither has Murray, who is also looking very strong. Hard one to call – I’m going for Murray in 5.

rascal
    Free Member

Would prefer Murray won the final, but if he loses to Federer I wouldn’t be too gutted as long as Fed beats the robotic Novac. Federer is pure class and good to see him back to somewhere near his best.

nickjb
    Free Member

Tough call. Two good players in good form. Shame this isn’t the final. Think Federer will do it (in 4) but hoping for a Murray win.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Would love to see Gasquet in the final too. Top bloke.

Nobody going for him to beat Novak? No, me neither. 🙂

loddrik
    Free Member

I predict that most of the crowd in to watch it are tory voters.

I suspect it will be a hot topic on the lips of public school alumni everywhere. This, and discussing when their next round of golf will be.

tthew

Some rich people will bash a small ball over a net for a couple of hours in between doing quite a bit of sitting down and grumbling at themselves when they go outside the lines. I’ll not be interested and watch the highlight of the Tour on telly instead.

ferrals
    Free Member

And care nothing for tennis.

Federer probably, but only as I’m in a pessimistic mood.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Tour riders wouldn’t manage 3 sets in the sun. The scrawny little things would struggle to lift a tennis racket in the first place, let alone get it over their heads to serve.

Anyway, I’ll take in a bit of tennis, I’ll watch the tour highlights later, I’ll listen to a bit of TMS during the day to see how that’s all going. Then I might masturbate to Brian O Driscoll videos on YouTube before bed. Unlike lodders and tthew who are presently masturbating as they read reactions to their trolling, I’m saving myself for the end of the day. It’s entirely possible to enjoy all of these things without whinging about the things you don’t like.

😉 etc.

loddrik
    Free Member

So anyway, when’s the boat race on…

bikebouy
    Free Member

T’is chap, but I’ll be watching the Tour so meh.

bearnecessities

A mischievous side of me wants Murray to totally own Federer, leap over the net and batter him with his own racquet.

loddrik
    Free Member

No tennis for me as I’m sure you’ve already guessed, or **** cricket. Instead I’ll watch one of my cats have a shite in the flower beds, far more interesting…

gordimhor

Don’t know who he’ll beat but my head says Djokovic will win the final.

kudos100
    Free Member

As much as i’d love Federer to go on and win his 18 major, I can’t see it.

I don’t think he has the consistency to beat Murray or Djokovic right now, unless he plays some of the best tennis of his career.

Murray in 4. Djokovic beats Gasquet in 3.

Djokovic beats Murray in 4 or 5.

I hope I’m wrong.

tthew

Unlike lodders and tthew who are presently masturbating as they read reactions to their trolling

Bit harsh that. Harry asked for predictions about what would happen. I might actually watch some now, just so I can stub you out when I’m right. 😀

binners

C’MON TIM!!!!!

dazh

I predict lots of that annoying fist pumping that they do. I actually don’t mind watching tennis, but the crowd at Wimbledon get on my t*ts like no other. Especially the idiots who always have to be the last one to shout ‘Come on Tim/Andy/Roger’ just before they serve. If the crowd were like a football match with a constant stream of foulmouthed invective being aimed at the players and other fans along with bottles of piss and coins being thrown on the court it would be much more entertaining 🙂

binners

I actually don’t mind watching tennis, but the crowd at Wimbledon get on my t*ts like no other.

Nothing makes you quite as embaressed to be English as watching Wimbledon. The behavior of shaven headed tattoed football fans on the rampage in Europe is actually infinitely preferable to the toe-curling jingoistic, badly-dressed (from M&S), frightfully middle class, Cliff Richard singing, flag-waving, Mail-reading little Englanders on display in’SW19′.

I can’t watch it. Not even through my fingers, with a look of horror and disgust on my face

martinhutch

It’s our equivalent of crowds at big US golf events.

GET IN THE HOLE!

Harry_the_Spider

Cliff Richard singing

Not this year

GET IN THE HOLE!

loddrik
    Free Member

Cliff Richard singing ‘get in the hole’ with Operation Yewtree ongoing is an interesting perspective…

edhornby

Tour De France
    the Ashes

tennis ??? nah

Clobber
    Free Member

Federer let him win last time, he won’t do it again

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I suspect it will be a hot topic on the lips of public school alumni everywhere. This, and discussing when their next round of golf will be.

says the ex drug-dealer…

thestabiliser
    Free Member

No score draw

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Hopeful Fed – Murrays 2nd serve is just too pathetic – it seemed to be getting better in recent years but he’s patting it around again.

Plus Murrays groundstrokes are all a bit gash compared to Feds.

Fed might look like he is playing well, but he hasn’t had the quality of player so far to put his stokes under pressure, it seems to me.

binners

Fed?

ElShalimo

Murray will be 7-6 7-5 5-3 up in the third until some Muppet shouts “C’mon Tim”.
    He’ll lose focus and capitulate.

But I hope not!

Most people don’t realise how lucky we are to have such an amazing talent in the UK. He’s arguably at his peak at the same time as 3 of the best players ever. Unlucky

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Murray loses first two sets, bravely fights back in the third, goes down 6-3 in the fourth. Followed by lots of original comments about how Scottish he is now.

Indeed 😀 but hopefully the Brit will win! Either way they will both be getting sweaty – must by a sign of ageing that Fed is finally showing the odd bead. He is far too cool!!!

Murray in 4 unless he goes 0-2. In that case a fed Masterclass in 3.

Caught up all afternoon so will miss it unless I can sneak in a headset 🙁

loddrik
    Free Member

says the ex drug-dealer…

Said the current blert

racefaceec90

MURRAY FTW! 😀

ransos
    Free Member

A large chunk of the crowd got their tickets via a ballot, but don’t let you prejudices cloud your judgement, eh?

MoreCashThanDash

Would love to see Murray win but Federer has played some lovely classy tennis so far.

Loddrik clearly doesn’t watch tennis becausea the chips on his shoulders prevent his head turning in the requisite manner. 😉

loddrik
    Free Member

Nope, they allow me to turn hard left.

kudos100
    Free Member

Federer in god mode at the moment, murray isn’t playing badly……..

iolo
    Free Member

Oh well. That’s that. Mr charisma’s gone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Interesting hate iolo, your nationality?

mikey3
    Free Member

Murray seems to have a good personality when he seems relaxed,just doesn’t seem to like being interviewed much.His job is being a tennis player not a popstar afterall.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 46 total)

The topic ‘Your predictions for Murray v Federer’ is closed to new replies.