Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)
  • Your favourite Stand Up Comic?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Lee mack was very good on the apollo shows.

The best I’ve seen wax Jason Byrne at a pretty small venue. Ended up 100% impromtu audience interaction

LeeW

I love the way Rhod Gilbert seems to get more and more Welsh the more excited he gets.

Bill Bailey is funny and a brilliant musician to boot. Chris Addison is pretty funny. Sarah Milican is good too.

Herry Hill is pretty good, he appeals on so many levels. I like the fact he’s just plain daft. Not sure I could watch him repeatedly though.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

Another for Stewart Lee

TheFopster
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard

Rusty-Shackleford
    Free Member

joolsburger – Member
    Daniel Kitson.

^this^

Intelligent, verbose and very funny. You’ll either love him…or you’re a cloven-hoofed ****-knuckle. He doesn’t do telly and the few YouTube clips aren’t that great, but there’s a superb free podcast on iTunes.

Another thumbs up for Stewart Lee and, of course, Bill Hicks was Jesus.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Eddie Izzard

I love his French sketch about the monkey in the tree and Sandra Bullock.

hora
    Free Member

Still Ben Elton. Sorry 😳

Most recent……. Lee Nelson.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Ben Elton

One of my favorite lines of all time:

‘British Rail – We’re Getting There’

‘Yes, but there are no trains in the stations so you’re not getting there very fast are you?’

BoardinBob

Jim Jeffries
    Joe Heenan
    Sandy Nelson
    Limmy
    Ron Vaudry

hora
    Free Member

MF I went to see his Tour De Force stand up years ago and I remember a skit on smear tests etc and what it involves. I was young and 😯 😆 and 😯

Mounty_73

Milton Jones, Lion Whisperer, the best night out ever and all for just 15 quid….all of us were knackered from laughing so much and I even had jaw ache……just brilliant !!

CaptJon
    Free Member

Stewart Lee
    Eddie Izzard
    Noel Fielding
    Doug Stanhope
    Bill Bailey

gravitysucks
    Free Member

No love for JC?

Jimmy Carr cracks me up, he’s worth it just to hear his own laugh

suthy
    Free Member

Kevin Bridges and Lee Mack

nuke

Eddie Izzard is our long term favourite.

We also recently saw Greg Davies and, although for some reason we weren’t expecting great things, he was actually one of the funniest comedians we’d seen. This was helped by the fact he came across as such an affable guy and the audience really warmed to him and participated. Much of the humour was based on his life as a teacher so don’t know what he’ll do after he’s exhausted that but I’d definitely go and see him again.

flange
    Free Member

We’ve been watching a couple of comedy DVD’s in the house of late and I’ve noticed that there’s a split between the John Bishops/Peter Kay/Jimmy Carr type humour and the Rufus Hound/Stewart Lee vein which seems to be more sort of social commentating rather than the traditional tell a joke, repeat..

Got to say I couldn’t stand Stewart Lee until I watched a Youtube clip of him posted on here the other day where he’s laying into Top Gear. For the first 10 minutes I thought it was appalling and wondered how people could laugh at it, but watching the whole thing it made sense and I thought it was very clever.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Lee Mack – A fan before he became “famous”, I just love the Tommy Steele cockney stuff, cracks me right up it does.

Micky Flannigan – Yes another giggle fest until he spouted out “fingering” on some tv prog the other day, but too rude for me that, but the cockney walk was hilarious..

Jack Dee – Ok, old now, past it some say, but his early years, until he started to dissolve into “grumpy for grumpys sake” Then reinvigorated in Lead Balloon.

Mock the Week – You get some hilarious comedic moments on there and I like the variety, Rich Hall for his droll delivery (he even makes himself laugh sometimes)

You don’t seem to get many good women comedians, shame because some, not all, are spot on with observational humour. The Iranian Girl (no idea what her name was/is Shara something or other) she was funny until it look like she ran out of material.
    Ronnie Anocona – now she’s very underestimated IMO, apart from being stunning looking she’s a wit that cuts right on through.. maybe she’s not that well noted for her consistent “impressions” she’s always doing, but live.. well most excellent.
    Victoria Wood – for many years I avoided her like the plaque, that Acorn Antiques thingy never hit the spot, but live, on her own, really quite funny and unassuming too.. humble.

Like most I grew up with Rik/Ade?Nige/Alexi which for a time giggled me stupid, but thankfully I grew up and watching them now still makes me cringe/giggle all in one belly movement.

Peter Sellers – It’s only in the last 10 years I’ve come to respect his humour, maybe cos’ I’m older now.

Ben Elton – Yeah I laughed at him for a while too, though now I think he’s far better than ever.

Paul Whitehouse – MrsBouy knows him very well dontchaknow, I think he’s hilarious on his own, in the pub, really just a laugh a minute and apparently he was like that before his fame, which is rather nice.

Steve Coogan – One of my all time favourite ever comedians, always has been and hopefully always will be. Genius.

mudshark
    Free Member

Does Tim Minchin count? Love him.

Viewing 18 posts - 41 through 58 (of 58 total)

The topic ‘Your favourite Stand Up Comic?’ is closed to new replies.