• This topic has 59 replies, 31 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)
  • You won't believe this, but I've made a decision…
  • Kryton57

Don’t even thinking of suggesting anything betterer, its already in the basket…. 😀

jam-bo

its not a pretty bike, is it…

ska-49
    Free Member

Giant Anthem SX ’15?
    Looks nice!

njee20
    Free Member

**faints**

adsh
    Free Member

Those wagon wheels look small? If it’s too late to stop the purchase you can always return it 😀

PJM1974
    Free Member

Not much wrong with that. Given that Giant have now dropped their ridiculous head tube standard I can safely say that I approve.

ultimateweevil
    Free Member

Not sure about the colour scheme, it’s not very “enduro” is it 😆

dirtyrider
    Free Member

too much travel on the front 😉

weeksy

After todays Strava stuff, you’ll find … it’s not worth it.

At our level “it’s not about the bike, couldn’t be more correct”

Over a 30km TT route today I finished just 3 mins off my best…. Today I was on a Meta AM bike… running Rapid Robs… my best is on a Road bike running 100psi road rubber… 3 mins isn’t that much in all honesty.

binners

Not in that colour I hope? I’m sorry, but its upsetting my delicate aesthetic sensibilities enormously. Those inexplicable yellow bits look like they’ve let a child loose with the spare paint after he’d finished his Airfix model

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I think you need to reconsider

lemonysam
    Free Member

I trust you chose that colour scheme to match your Primark security guard uniform?

NormalMan

Did you get a discount?

Kryton57

It only comes in that colour. I don’t mind it at all.

weeksy – Member
    After todays Strava stuff, you’ll find … it’s not worth it.

What strava stuff? 3 minutes is a lot of places on a leaderboard weeksy over that distance 😉

weeksy

What strava stuff? 3 minutes is a lot of places on a leaderboard weeksy over that distance

Agreed… but 1 bike was road, 1 was an AM… I was on the road. Not THAT much of a difference IMO that the difference between your other MTB and this MTB will make a massive difference.

I’ll be interested to hear your results compared to your current bike though for sure.

Kryton57

I’ll be interested to hear your results compared to your current bike though for sure.

That’s easy, it’ll be faster no matter what strava says. 🙂

v666ern
    Free Member

But how do you put air in the tyres?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

From a Yeti to a Giant?

How the mighty have fallen.

Kryton57

Would you have a BMW 1 series 120d or a Ford Focus RS if I offered you both?

But yes, prior 26ers were worth more 2nd hand and I didn’t a mortgage or have nursery & school bills to pay when I bought the Yeti…

Edit: Thinking about it, I sold an Intense Tracer for £1750 & bought the Yeti for £2340, so it only cost me £600.

bigjim

From a Yeti to a Giant?

How the mighty have fallen.

I think giant make yeti’s frames for them.

bikebouy
    Free Member

I like it, I also like to colour too. Hope you’ve got a blue camelback as an accessory for those long days in the saddle.

All it needs is a bit of mud on it.

And some aching legs.

Kryton57

I’m convinced its the right bike, after experiencing vpp, and thinking hard about what I want it for plus

a) my locale is tight & twisty singletrack
    b) I want the 100mm Maestro for endurance comfort & efficiency
    c) Its relatively light, more so without the dropper
    d) The fork will do for odd days in Wales.
    e) I don’t want the choice of two play/race bikes

The other option was to have a Anthem 29er as well as the Yeti. But then I’d be wracked with indicision about which to ride… 😀

amedias
    Free Member

f) You’re quite used to the taste of vomit in your mouth so looking at it won’t be a problem?

maybe it’s one of those bikes that looks better at speed…briefly…from afar….at night…. 🙂

nwallace
    Free Member

looks good, reminds me of my much neglected 2006 Zaskar

timb34
    Free Member

The Anthem 29ers look ugly, but that’s much nicer!

Apart from the colours… good luck with choosing a bottle cage.

I’d be interested to know how it rides.

ndthornton
    Free Member

has there ever been a Giant bike that looked good?

JCL
    Free Member

It’s a fun little bike. I’m sure you’ll enjoy it.

localhero94
    Free Member

When did you test-ride it?

Kryton57

JCL – Member
    It’s a fun little bike

Somehow you managed to make it sound derogatory.

localhero94 – Member
    When did you test-ride it?

I rode someone else’s about a year ago at Epping.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

I thought you said you’d discounted this one because it was very similar to your Yeti?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tried Giant in St Pauls? They have all sorts of Demo bikes, possibly one of those ^^

Though on second thoughts you may hanker for something else 😆

Nah, it’ll be fine, like I said, good bike, needs Mud and Snot on it..

Kryton57

I thought you said you’d discounted this one because it was very similar to your Yeti?

I had, but I think thats the point. If the Yeti had more of a platform to it/VPP and bigger wheels I’d keep it.

The Anthem 29er is a compromise to my locale and a £500 cheaper possible slightly better option, and I can’t have both (well I could, but I’d drive myself mad). Why pay £1500 for a bike you’d use 5-6 times a year…

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Fair point.

So you’re down to two MTBs now?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Edit: Thinking about it, I sold an Intense Tracer for £1750 & bought the Yeti for £2340, so it only cost me £600.

So given second hand values are half minus a bit very every year – I’ll give £250 for the yeti and I’m doing you a favour.

Kryton57

You could have it for £1250 and that’s a shit load of bike for the money.

Curious yellow, yes two mtbs….

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i like it, but yeh the yellow highlighting is a bit random, though i quite like it back of the head tube, just not anywhere else….

in the real world, face-to-face no one will say anything much ever about it… enjoy.

Kryton57

in the real world, face-to-face no one will say anything much ever about it… enjoy.

Er, oh…. 🙁

mikey74
    Free Member

I like that. I’m tempted by a Trance (possibly the 3 or 2) personally.

lexinoo
    Free Member

Love it mate!enjoy.

cakefacesmallblock

Personally I don’t especially like the yellow. But hey, if it’s a bike which works for you, you aren’t going to be looking at it when you ride it ( unless you happen to be passing a shop window ) .
    Big fan of recent Giants here though, so maybe I’m biased. But yellow ?
    Enjoy it !

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 60 total)

The topic ‘You won't believe this, but I've made a decision…’ is closed to new replies.