Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)
  • You couldn't make this up….tenants not paid rent AGAIN !!
  • renton
    Free Member

After last months fiasco with the rent from my tenants not been paid on time and then finally being paid by the garuntors wife 2 weeks late I thought i would give my letting agent a call today, a week after it was due and surprise surprise they haven’t paid the rent again.

The letting agent got her admin staff to call the tenants whilst I was on the phone to her and spoke to the girl who said “oh, my partner normally pays the rent, hasnt he done it !!) FFS you know he hasnt as he hasnt been working (according to my father in law who spoke to her )

Section 21 has already been served and they are due to leave in feb however my agent told me today that if they dont want to move out then they dont have to ?????????????? whats the point of having a contract if this is the case??

apparently as long as they stay less than 2 months in arrears with their rent then I cannot issue them a section 8???

Can someone please lend me a set of really old and heavy bombers!!!!!

seriously … what can I do?

wwaswas

Send the boys round. Or as per last time get in touch with the guarantor and ask how they feel about having a ccj against them?

yunki
    Free Member

i take it you’ve already wee’d in their shoes..?

stgeorge

Send TJ round…..

donsimon
    Free Member

Section 21 has already been served and they are due to leave in feb however my agent told me today that if they dont want to move out then they dont have to ?????????????? whats the point of having a contract if this is the case??
    apparently as long as they stay less than 2 months in arrears with their rent then I cannot issue them a section 8???

Can someone please lend me a set of really old and heavy bombers!!!!!

seriously … what can I do?

Have a good Christmas.

Stoner
    Free Member

Pucker up, take the inevitable abuse in here for being a rentier , and give your letting agent a hard time for the quality of the tenant

duckman

Change your name to rentoff?

mactheknife

Mate please tell me what you pay the letting agent for?? Why did they wait until you called them to chase up the rent.

renton
    Free Member

thanks Don simon 🙄

renton
    Free Member

mactheknife Ive been asking myself that since I phoned them earlier!!!

trailmonkey

such are the pitfalls of entering into a high risk business arrangement whereby you end up with a nice lump of collateral and/or an income for very little effort.

someone should have told you that capitalism doesn’t mind who it kicks in the arse.

Zulu-Eleven
    Free Member

Capitalist pig!

Come the revolution…

donsimon
    Free Member

thanks Don simon

Might I sugggest you stop whinging and learn to take the rough with the smooth.
    Wanting someone on the street over the festive because you want a couple of quid season does make you look like a [can’t say what I want for fear of moderation].
    MUAK.

renton
    Free Member

Might I sugggest you stop whinging and learn to take the rough with the smooth.
    Wanting someone on the street over the festive because you want a couple of quid season does make you look like a [can’t say what I want for fear of moderation].
    MUAK.

Who has said anything about wanting them on the street over xmas ffs??

all i would like is for them to pay the rent on time as per the contract they signed to say they would ??

Tool !

donsimon
    Free Member

Section 21 has already been served and they are due to leave in feb

Doesn’t sound like you want them to stay, does it?

You’ve taken a risk hoping to make a profit, you can’t be arsed to manage it yourself and now you’re complaining because it’s gone tits up.
    AWESOME.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Sack teh agent – tehy clearly are a complete waste of time. Save the fees

Go to the guarantor and tell them

Just chill until feb. At least you have a guarantor which means you should get your money eventually.

monkeyboyjc

Unfortunatly there is only bad news.

having been a landlord – there is not much you can do…

do you have landlords / tenancy insurance? if so contact them and find out when you can start claiming for missed rent.

they could squat in the property for years if they choose to. legal battles to get tennents out are generally long, hard and difficult.

klunky
    Free Member

You could go round and offer them £500 to move out tonight.
    It can be cheaper doing this in the long run….

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I can answer your questions.

Email me if you want to

grantway
    Free Member

Go round and get your money pretty simple
    no idea why your crying here !

renton
    Free Member

Doesn’t sound like you want them to stay, does it?

You’ve taken a risk hoping to make a profit, you can’t be arsed to manage it yourself and now you’re complaining because it’s gone tits up.
    AWESOME.

erm ok , I didnt want to manage it myself as I have never rented out a property before so thought I would pay proffesionals to manage it for me.

never intended to make a profit on the house, we actually lived in it for 3 years and its only due to being relocated with my job and not been able to sell it to make enough to cover what I owed on the mortgage that we decided to let it out.

Actually you are not a Tool as Tools can be useful !!!!

renton
    Free Member

Go round and get your money pretty simple
    no idea why your crying here !

not allowed to do that as it would get me into a lot of trouble !!

donsimon
    Free Member

Actually you are not a Tool as Tools can be useful !!!!

As I said I hope you can get over the hardship and have a happy Christmas.

john_drummer
    Free Member

my agent told me today that if they dont want to move out then they dont have to

If they’ve been served notice then I think they’re obliged to move out; if they don’t move out after the notice period then you may have a case for an eviction order, but in the meantime I suggest you put a rocket under the agent’s arse, or get a new agent. They’re not doing much of a job from what you’ve told us.

I’m not a lawyer, I’m an ex-landlord, so this ^ may not be completely accurate. Seriously, drop Steve Austin a line

I’m so glad I finally sold the house I was letting out.

renton
    Free Member

Steve Austin you have an email !!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Will you give them back their deposit if they come with a good story 😉

renton
    Free Member

?

rp16v
    Free Member

shame the house is not in bristol me,misses and little one have had to move 4 times in the last year due to being messed about by landlords offering long agreements but then giving notice to move finaly settled in a new flat on out first 6month lease but being offerd a 3 year after that thankfully our landlord is well into the letting game and no intrest in selling up.
    there are decent tenents out there its just a waiting game untill a proffesional family/couple comes allong and its easy sailing

p.s i have some VERY heavy old suntour xcm’s if there any use to u.

enfht
    Free Member

Don’t EVER let to anyone who doesn’t qualify for rent guarantee insurance.

Above all else, the insurance means the insurer handles the eviction, COVERS THE LEGAL COSTS, and pays the missing rent

renton
    Free Member

rp16v…. i would a family to move in and live there hassle free for years. just got to find that family.

cheers

steve

jacksonwwirl
    Free Member

@ mactheknife – hows it going gerry !!

bikebouy
    Free Member

Stop whinging, let them catch up with the rent arrears, you say they’ve been served, well let them move out without you whining like a 4 yr old..

Landlords eh….

project
    Free Member

From experience there are proffesional non payers, ones who pay the first months rent and then delay, or damage something, eg the boiler, so you get it fixed, and it breakks again, so you get it fixed, next you get a letter from a solicitor saying the boiler is /was faulty, and asking for damages to to the tennants, then they refuse to pay the rent, nest something else goes wrong usaully a door lock or door,sometimes the electrics,they then send another solicitors letter.

Eventually you go round and offer them a load of cash to move out and wipe out the arrears.

Or they just dont pay rent, and keep going to court and pleading poverty to the judge,who lets them stay for a few more weeks,eventually you get to send in the bailiffs, and find various wires cut, water pipes leaking etc.Thats after they have done a moonlight flit.

tazzymtb

LOL @ pop, we love karma 😀

bikebouy
    Free Member

From experiance there are some pretty damn fine tenants too, those who care about where they live, what they live in and who the landlords are that they rent off.

Not every one on this planet wants/chooses to own a property.

Don’t tarnish the many with the annoying few.

Landlords know what they are getting into when they decide to let out thier property, if they didn’t they would possibly choose something else do do with it.

The Law is always on the tenants side to protect them from opresive landlords, of which there have been far too many, hence all the Law surrounding tenants rights. If landlords in the past hadn’t been so opresive then the Law would be equal, it isn’t because too many landlords in the past have chosen to “go round and harrase them” until they “pay up”.

A good Letting Agent is hard to come by, they exsist, maybe you chose a cheap one and are now paying the price, who knows, but from what you’ve said the tenants seem to be in an awkward position financially and you’ve chosen the only route you feel is open to you. Let the Law be enforced then if thats what you want to do.

If you don’t want to let out your property don’t. It’s really that simple.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Bikebouyy – the law is on the landlords side. It used to be on the tenent side with secure tenancies and regulated rents but not for 25 years

bikebouy
    Free Member

The Law is on the tenants side.

donsimon
    Free Member

One door closes, another one opens.

project
    Free Member

nice landlords and nice tennants, bad landlords and bad tennants dont usually find each other, its sometinmes good and bad, and thats where problems start.

ALWAYS CHASE THE DEBT.

tazzymtb

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVDo_Ub-s9U&feature=related[/video]

😀

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 150 total)

The topic ‘You couldn't make this up….tenants not paid rent AGAIN !!’ is closed to new replies.